ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Thread: the ride home

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

the ride home

I'm amazed at the detail that the noise reduction in LR3b2 has left in the interior shot.
    I wasn't expecting to see the leather grain at all.
    Top down, glorious sunny evening, after a cracking walk round the lake bird-watching.
    Makes me want to go to work and have another good day afterwards

Yes, it's s smart roadster.
    Which is partly why I'm smartwombat.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails the ride home-_4155437.jpg   the ride home-_4155438.jpg  
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Re: the ride home

that is a cool car! a buddy of mine had a similar smart car but the back didn't look like that. it looked like more of a sports car. He had to get rid of it because it brought it in through Mexico and couldn't register it in the US.

Very cool car though.
    Marco Arreguin

All critique/advice welcome.
    Growing every day.

This is the roadster coupe, it actually has room for luggage!

The ordinary roadster has everything abode the waistline after the body shell behind the door removed, and then a slim boot that will just about hold a suit in a hanger.
    Remember it's rear engined so there's no storage in a roadster.

The coupe is a little more aerodynamic, as well as being more practical, and if the glass rear tailgate were replaced by plastic, not too much heavier than the roadster.

I might give it a clean before this year's next 6 hour endurance race, make sure all the glue from the last race numbers is removed because we'll probably not be #14 this year...
    PAul

That's cool. Yeah, I remember we parked it next to a 2 Door Yaris and it just slightly smaller giver or take 2-3 inches. (IF that) I took a picture with my phone but I lost that phone when I upgraded to a new one. Dang, wish I would have kept it now.

Same thing but hard scarifies! no storage space and cooler look (IMO) or a bit of storage space and alright look. I THINK- it looks like a sporty Civic hatchback with that back.

The car was so cool and small. Now he has a Lotus... which are so awesome! I love those little things. Feels like your are driving a really fast go-kart!
    Marco Arreguin

All critique/advice welcome.
    Growing every day.

the steering wheel is on the left, aren't you in the UK ?

Yes, well spotted, it is LHD and I'm in the UK.
    This is one of the first 200 imported by Daimler-Chrysler UK.
    The first batch available here were LHD because they hadn't started RHD production.

Same for my cdi city coupes, they're LHD because smart didn't make a RHD cdi for many years you could only get diesel in LHD. I have two.

Same for my city cabrio, bought it before DCUK even launched the smart over here from a dealer in London. Sadly crashed it a few years ago and it needs new rear subframe etc.

Which is why I have a donor petrol engined RHD fortwo in the garden as well, for the subframe, suspension etc. When it's stripped I'll have spare alternator, starter motor, radiator, electrics, wiring loom ... I'll fill the garage shelves with parts
    PAul

Thread Information