Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

night on the danube

hi - some niteshot from budapest earlier this year .... yes , I know about the horizon line ... but the bridge was subject ...... any thoughts?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails night on the danube-night-impression.jpg  
    Last edited by mtbbrian; 10-24-2004 at 11:45 AM. Reason: Unsticking - "Featured Photo" for 18 October 2004

Moderator of Critiques/Hearder of Cats mtbbrian's Avatar

Re: night on the danube

Maybe I have a thing for bridges, but I think this is a good image.
    You certainly did an excellent job on the technical side.

I think bridges lend themselves to good composition, there are a lot of elements to them, line, repetition and even a little symmetry too.

My only issue with the image is the hot spot from the on the top of the closest support.
    Welcome to PR.com!
    I look forward to seeing more from you.
    Brian
    My "Personal" Photography Website...
    高手
    My Moderator Bio Page...
    Nikon Samurai #2 - Emeritus
    See more of my photography here...

“A great photograph is one that fully expresses what one feels, in the deepest sense, about what is being photographed, and is, thereby, a true manifestation of what one feels about life in its entirety...” - Ansel Adams

"Photography Is An Act Of Life" - Maine 2006

Seb

Quote Originally Posted by fotoscheu
    hi - some niteshot from budapest earlier this year .... yes , I know about the horizon line ... but the bridge was subject ...... any thoughts?
    Hello Fotoscheu,

This is a nice bridge for sure. Your exposure is remarkable. There are so much details on the bridges; the textures and the lights makes it very lively. The background is somewhat boring but I guess that this is a good thing as it doesnt mess up with your main subject.

Regards

Seb

A great looking bridge. Good point of view and composition. the hotspots on the tops of the structures do not bother me as much as that i notice there is no black in the image. At least it appears that way to me. Abit washed looking. But, other than that nit, a great shot.
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

shake it like a polaroid picture berrywise's Avatar

I thought that looked familiar

I decided to take the photo from the opposite side of the bridge as to include the Palace in the background. I wish I could combine the two photos I like how your photo has allowed for the light to paint the river below it adds an extra quality that mine does not have.

Budapest was one of my favorite places in my travels throughout Europe. I especially loved the bathhouse we went to in the main park. Total relaxation!

Thanks for sharing!

scott

GB1

There's nothing like a black and white night exposures for sharp photos, and this one proves it. Was it digital? Nice contrast, respectable composition. If I could add any suggestions, I would just say that it seems a bit 'lonely', maybe cause there's no people evident and also maybe because of the big black area on the top left (understandable). Maybe it there was a boat or two in the water with people on the decks.... Ahhhh. Anyways, very nicely done.

gb

shake it like a polaroid picture berrywise's Avatar

Re: I thought that looked familiar

blasted fingers can't seem to type anything right. Here is the photo.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Professional nose picker

Re: I thought that looked familiar

The second picture is absolutely amazing. The angle is well done, that's one thing I noticed right away.
    The only problem about it is that the sky would look better if there were a few stars, though, I guess you couldnt expose it too much therefor no stars.

Good job

Thread Information