Help Files Camera and Photography Forum

For general camera equipment and photography technique questions. Moderated by another view. Also see the Learn section, Camera Reviews, Photography Lessons, and Glossary of Photo Terms.

Thread: Fm3a's lens

Fm3a's lens

I am getting a Fm3a i am wondering what will be a good lens to go with it..i am on a buget soo and all rounder will be nice...2 lens will be my buget's limited..i am aiming for nikon 35-200mm what u guys think?

Depends on what you want to shoot. Personally, the 45 f2.8 that came out with that camera is supposed to be a great lens but it's a little expensive. More info?

emm...i shoot depending on what project the teacher throw at me...^_^" err..i personally like to shoot street portraite and night photo...i mostly work in the city soo yea! thx!

Everyone will have a different opinion on this. I'd probably go with a couple of fast primes over a zoom. A prime lens is a fixed focal length lens (forgive me if I'm being too basic) and is usually "faster" than a zoom - especially one with a big range like that. You probably shoot available light (no flash, or not often) and sometimes without a tripod (other than night shots). A slow lens will be a problem.

A 50 f1.8 can be bought in the States for under $100. That's a good one to start with, and a 24 or 28 f2.8 and an 85 f1.8 would make a pretty good setup. These are all AF lenses but they can be used on a manual focus camera. You could look for used manual focus lenses too which are usually a little easier to focus manually - and pretty inexpensive too.

soo err the 45/2.8p sound like a good choice then...emm i will try to see if i can get two lens or not if not i will just take the 45/2.8p thx u very much!

Quote Originally Posted by fairladyz_gt-r
    I am getting a Fm3a i am wondering what will be a good lens to go with it..i am on a buget soo and all rounder will be nice...2 lens will be my buget's limited..i am aiming for nikon 35-200mm what u guys think?
    If you can afford it, get a 28-85 and a 70-210 lens. Vivitar Series 1's and Kiron's are very good, and quite cheap. The best of the "superzoom's" is the Kiron 28-210 lens.

quietlightphoto
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fm3a's lens-kiron-28-105.jpg  

Thread Information