Camera Dealer Feedback Forum

This forum is moderated by, Grandpaw.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Pentax Forum Moderator

USA Photo Nation or BestPriceCameras.com??

Has anyone dealt with these online companies??? If they are somewhat reputable...I may be able to get my CoolPix 8800 sooner than I had hoped.
    Ken

Re: USA Photo Nation or BestPriceCameras.com??

I've never heard of either. If the prices are significantly lower than those of B&H or Adorama I'd be very weary. Just because they advertise in the back of a popular photo magazine doesn't make them reputable.

Pentax Forum Moderator

Yeah Arctirus...I agree with that...actually I found them in a Google search...as "featured vendor sites"...about the same as a back of a mag...hehe...I was just hoping that maybe...just maybe...I'd get lucky, just once in my life...hehehehehe...
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by ken1953
    Has anyone dealt with these online companies??? If they are somewhat reputable...I may be able to get my CoolPix 8800 sooner than I had hoped.
    Ken
    DO NOT PURCHASE your camera from USA Photo Nation. They are TERRIBLE. Their prices on everything except for the camera are way more expensive than other vendors and they have a terrible cancellation/return policy. Their sales reps are also not honest- I asked them specifically about the cancellation policy 3 times before I purchased, and they never told me about the fees associated with cancelling an order. I give them a 0 on a scale of 1 to 10.

Excellent information. Thanks

Thumbs down Re: USA Photo Nation or BestPriceCameras.com??

BestPriceCameras is terrible!

My one experience over the last few days follows the pattern of the other bait-and-switch outfits reported here ... cryptic email suggesting the order wouldn't be sent out unless I called to confirm ... very difficult to reach ... finally reached them only to hear the most rediculous barrage of deceptions, lies and high pressure tactics ... none of the advertised claims were honored, prices changed, all sorts of extra stuff was "required" ... when I said I wanted the stuff listed on the receipt that I obtained at order time at the price listed and nothing else, they said their "express" delivery would take over two weeks. It was clear they had no intention of selling the goods at the advertised price and terms.

I asked whether they wanted me to cancel. "We don't need this trauma" was the reply. I felt the same way and we were in agreement for the first time. 20 minutes later I bought the camera (Canon PowerShot S2 IS) at the local Best Buy for the price reputable dealers are charging online.

This is my first thoroughly rotten online purchase experience. I didn't even check reports beforehand (I clearly should have), since I've been buying stuff online for years without problems. I've documented all aspects of the transaction in case a credit card charge is subsequently put throught, but I doubt it will happen. What a bunch of jerks and what a waste of time. Avoid them at all costs!

Quote Originally Posted by ken1953
    Ken
    Check out www.hotbuyselectronics.com they have some really good deals and they shipped same day (it was a Sunday) and I had my lens on Tuesday.

JS

BestPriceCameras is not to be trusted. Did not receive what I ordered and could not even find a return address to send back the stuff. When I called, they hung up on me. At least I was smart enough to charge on Amex, and they are now taking up my cause. Do business elsewhere!

Well I'm glad I checked for reviews of bestpricecameras.com I was considering their $399.00 deal on the Nikon Coolpix 8700. I suppose it was too good to be true. Anyones know of a place with a good deal on these and decent service?

Cheers

D Casey

USA Photo Nation does a bait and switch with their online offers. They e-mail you to call the phone line before your order can be processed.It took 6 days to get anything other than an answering machine. When we finally got through, they told us we would have to pay $150 more, after he came down in his "offer", to get an American model. He claimed they had disclosed the camera was a Chinese version previously and we just didn't see it. We had our print outs, with no disclosure, so we went back online and went through the ordering process, just to satisfy our curiosity. No disclosure there either. We will never do business with them again.

Quote Originally Posted by amygchapman@hotmail
    USA Photo Nation does a bait and switch with their online offers. They e-mail you to call the phone line before your order can be processed.It took 6 days to get anything other than an answering machine. When we finally got through, they told us we would have to pay $150 more, after he came down in his "offer", to get an American model. He claimed they had disclosed the camera was a Chinese version previously and we just didn't see it. We had our print outs, with no disclosure, so we went back online and went through the ordering process, just to satisfy our curiosity. No disclosure there either. We will never do business with them again.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    both companies are owned by the same person - if you check pricerunner.com there is a post that lists about 20 site owned by these crooks
    i had a bad experience with best price camera and i was over charged - $100 shipping from brooklyn to nj, i could have taken a taxi cheaper - and did not get all of the stuff i was supposed to
    i am diputing it with my visa and i would suggest you do the sane, also report them to the ny attourny general + consumer affairs
    also they wont give you an address for a rma# untill you sign a fax that you will pay restocking fees and shipping -DO NOT DO IT - if you do they can keep the restocking and shipping fee's, just listen to your card issuer and do what they say
    mine said to mail it back registered mail to the adress that was on the box (best price cameras ,brooklyn ,ny) if he doesnt accept it they will credit me, so its his loss. if he accepts it i have to wait at least 30 days for them to credit me,if he wont visa will do it.
    my wife found out that he is a reseller and his stuff is not factory fresh -all from pricerunners board-
    so contact your credit card now that is what they are for , do not let the companies bully you into a thing -they are the liars and you are the consumer so be smart and fight back the right way -with your c.c. company
    i hope this helps you
    tripp

I have purchased a Canon Rebel XT camera from the USAPhonation.com (http://www.usaphotonation.com/) in April 27th of this year through the phone, and I just got the Camera on May 4th. Actually, I check the internet and googled the “Rebel XT”. I found that the USAphotonation have relatively lower price and better review on their service. However, I had different experiences with other consumers. The person that picked up my call is Jamie and his extension is 238.

I am not happy with this store, because of:

1. They promised me that they will ship the merchandise/camera through the UPS over night. However they shipped the camera through the ground transportation. It is not big deal for me to have the camera sooner or later, but what is the matter is they do NOT follow what they promised to their customers!!
    2. The Canon Rebel XT has $100.00 rebate from Canon Corp with A: a copy of Receipt/invoice; B: Copy of Warranty Card and C: Original UPC code (http://consumer.usa.canon.com/app/pd...ClaimForm.pdf). However, when I opened the package box, I can NOT find the original Warranty Card in the package, and the USAphotonation hold the Warranty card for their own purpose!!!
    3. I called their customer services this morning (May 5th) to ask the Warranty Card, they send me to an extension that nobody picks up the phone what so ever!! They tried to avoid this issue for somehow!!
    4. The price in the USAphotonation is not as less as other local stores, after I checked the local camera store. And the staffs in the USAphotonation always push you to buy more and more things through the phone, which in not necessary accessories. I wonder what the % of return customers the store has.
    5. They even push me to by extended warranty, I asked them it is the Canon warranty, and they told it is. But after I opened my box, it is third party warranty!!! How I can trust this company!!

Anyway, that was my experience with USAphotonation on the internet. I decided that I will call my credit card company to stop paying them or to get my money back until they solve the issue, or I will return the Camera back to USAphotonation. I will post this information on the internet today.

So do NOT buy anything from them!!

I work for a normal retail camera company and I called Photo nation because of their low advertised price on the Canon 30d. I asked the guy on the phone what it included and he said just the body..I asked about the btry and charger and cables and he said just the body...I then stated " you remove the stuff that Canon put into the box" and he ststed to me that the camera comes from Canon several ways....at this point I just hung up on him....Canon does not....I repeat....does not sell just the body with out the cables and btry and charger....This place is a complete RIPOFF!!!....don't rist loseing you hard earned cash...

Don't use the USA Photo nation, they are scam company, I have very bad experience with them, and they are also very rude, just avoid this bad company

Any updates to any of your dilemas? I unfortunately didn't see this before purchasing from USA photo nation. I bought the digital rebel 6/26 and got all their b.s. I was told there would be a 7% can fee even though I was cancelling 20 minutes later. I put a hold on my card thought I got everything resolved- being that the price was still good assuming I was getting my rebate. Now I am doubtful that I will be receiving it after I found this discussion today... Anyone end up w/ rebates, did you send your items back?... I sure hope nothing goes wrong w/ this camera and I love it! Did anyone send reviews for them? I did the other day, it's not up there... My husband says they probably make up review... All I can hope for is that carma will be on my (our) side(s)!

I always recommend shopping by dealer and not price. There are just too many bottom feeder electronics dealers on the Internet. That's why we have this forum.

I'm not sure I understand everything you said. The rebate is a Canon rebate, right? There should be no problem with that, no matter where you bought the camera. The only problem would be if you got a "gray market" camera, in which case it would be called the EOS 300 or EOS 350, depending on which model you got. They're only called "Rebel" in the US.

As for the review - where did you try to post a review? This is for the dealer, right? If it's on the dealer's own site, forget about it. But if it's on Reseller Ratings or one of the big shopping sites, I'd follow up. We have to do our best to keep these dealers honest or spread the word when they aren't. That's one of the things the Internet is very good for. And we need to make sure it stays that way.

By the way, welcome to the site. Sorry you found us after you bought your camera. But now that you have it and you found us, I hope you'll stick around. We'll be happy to help you get the most out of your camera. Take a look around, post a review for your camera, share your picturesin the photo gallery, and ask questions in the forums. The people on the forums here are a very encouraging bunch.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Yeah, it's the Canon Digital Rebel XT. It's supposed to be purchased from an authorized canon dealer and they don't appear to be authorized... I called the Canon 800 # to see if they were. However, I mailed the rebate info in an I'm crossing my fingers.

I posted on shopcartUSA and @everyprice which are listed on their website. After the info I got of sheddingsomelight.com I doubt any of that info will be listed. The reviews for them were great and there were lots of them... too bad they probably had an employee write them. I couldn't believe that I could have that bad of an experience when everyone else had such a positive one so I did further reseach and found this forum- and tons more now!

Well, if the rebate does pan out the cost isn't bad at all. I have learned lots of valuable information. If the Nikon I'd bought at Costco hadn't broke on me- in less than a month- I would have never experienced all this. (as an aside: I liked the Nikon- too bad. And I've learned A LOT) Hope I haven't lost money in doing so. Just a lot of time. Hey I'm a stay at home mom, I've got all the time in the world, huh?!

I'm excited about finding this website. I have always be a film SLR kinda girl until my flash pooped out and I figured it was my time to move up. Thank you for your help. Hopefully things will work out. If nothing else I've learned a lot. I guess no matter how old you are, you never stop learing the hard way!

:mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: I have recently ordered a camera thru these idiots as well. They called the next day as usual asking for verification of my order. At that time they tell me it does not come with a battery or charger and I should buy it from them, they tried to sell me an upgraded packeage since some how tyhis item was on backorder! Go figure. After they gave me the speech that the "upgraded package came with all the same things listed, including a battery,charger and memory upgrde for $150 more. I said I'd have to think about it and call back. After several hours of research I learned that ALL cannon cameras come with a battery & charger! When I asked them why theirs did not they claim that they get the OEM package and it is not included! I asked why they did not tell me it was on backorder the 1st time they called, they had no answer for me, After review if this site i called back to inquire about cancelling the order and was told there is a 15% restock fee. When I stated that I had not been told of the backorder and was not going to pay the restock fee! They said they would not charge it since I did not recieve notice! SO I cancelled my order! Thank goodness for this site! I wish I had seen it before I placed my order. Will now start my price search over and buy form a reputable company even if I have to pay a bit more! Has anybody else noticed that everyday the price & package details change ?
    Last edited by stnb; 07-24-2006 at 01:59 PM.

STAY AWAY FROM USA PHOTO NATION.

CROOKS

I've screwed up and delt with them. I ordered a SD 630 and got a A630 Canon. I try to get it overnight and it did not happen. I try to send it back and it will be 15%. NOW something in the store for $314.00 + tax will cost me over $400.00\

STAY AWAY FROM USA PHOTO NATION.

photo gallery Mod. starriderrick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrCasey
    Well I'm glad I checked for reviews of bestpricecameras.com I was considering their $399.00 deal on the Nikon Coolpix 8700. I suppose it was too good to be true. Anyones know of a place with a good deal on these and decent service?

Cheers

D Casey
    Cameta Camera in N.Y.C. Fantastic customer service, the best factory authorized Canon,Nikon dealer in history. 115,000 + feedbacks, in business for 25 years. Say no more! Highly recommended

Bad news :Found this super deal on froogle and 2 weeks after placing the order with bestpricecamera, these charges appear on the card I used to place the order. Now I am in contact with my credit card company disputing these charges.
    bestprice camera tells me that the camera is back ordered, and that they have not charged my card.

1/20/2006 PAYPAL *CLICKATELL 299.00
    11/20/2006 MCI ,68.8.17.177 800-6240914
    8.8.17.1 TIME 0 0 DATE 11/20 MINS 0
    Location Date
    Call From : TELECOMMUNICATION , SE
    Call To : RVI 00000 , 0
    Time Of Call :
    Call Elapsed Time :
    Call Rate : 0.0
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dont get lured by the low price, you will not get the items at these prices. Check for seller feedback and be suspicous if prices are too good to be true.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Angry Re: USA Photo Nation or BestPriceCameras.com??

USA Photo Nation is an entirely bogus operation, as is any site giving them any rating higher than "stay away". Be aware that this same operation is in business in several websites, under different names. See their rating posted on ResellerRatings.com. I ordered online a Canon A710 advertised at $239. Advertised as standard Canon camera. USA Photo Nation replied with an email to call them. Upon calling them, was told many disparaging things about the camera, such as "language is Chinese and sensor coded in Chinese". They claimed that the website stated this was a "Chinese Model" (which it did not). The representative attempted to sell me "accessories" such as batteries, chargers, cables, and instructions that he said did not come with the camera (but the website said it did). He then said he had an "American" model that would cost $300. This was the most overt and patently dishonest bait-and-switch I have ever encountered.

Clueless Junior Member

Hello,

Very new here, but I did look into both of these companies to buy from. I was concerned over how much lower their pricing was on the Canon SD800. I did see that they charge too much for freight. $21.00 for a camera under a pound? Also the accessory prices are out of this world. They want $400 for the same memory chip that I paid $42.00 for through another company. Still, I thought, maybe I'd get the camera from them and get the accessories somewhere else. But what about the manufacturer's warranty. Sometime you won't get that if you buy it from the wrong company. So I emailed them. Their response was that I should call them for that info. Oh, so I can't have it in writing? Price looks too good to be true. Something is not right. As a professional Buyer for over 20 years and the Director of Purchasing for the last 7 years, I'd advise to stay away from these two. Too good to be true often is just that.

Mike

Hi All,

It is sad that these folks have sunk so low as to accept dishonesty as a way of life. I am certain it will catch up to them in the end.

I ran across this interesting website where a Mr. Wiss from New York has made a real effort to track down these phonies and take pictures of their so-called storefronts. It is crazy! (and sad). Valiant work Mr. Wiss!

http://donwiss.com/pictures/BrooklynStores

Best!
    KDC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information