Photography Software & Post Processing Forum

Photography Software Forum Discuss Adobe Photoshop, RAW conversion, photography software, and anything related to digital photo processing. Forum moderator is GB1.
Digital Photography Software Reviews >>
Write A Review >>
Adobe Photography Software User Reviews >>
Photography Software News & Articles >>

Adobe CS5 clone stamp not working

I figured out why the clone stamp was not working. If I right clicked on a picture and the menu comes up and I select open with Adobe Photoshop CS5 it will open up the program with the picture on the screen but some of the tools will not work, such as the clone stamp. BUT!!!! If I open up CS5 FIRST, then go back and right click on a picture and choose open up in Adobe Photoshop CS5 all the tools work just fine. I have researched this for a long time and tried many things that were suggested and none worked until I figured this out this morning. I put this in a new thread because I wanted to rename the subject so it may show up if someone had the same problem and ask for help in a search engine. This has driven me nuts for quite a while. Thanks to everyone that gave me suggestions and tried to help me out. This is a very simple answer to a very big problem, Jeff
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Re: Adobe CS5 clone stamp not working

Anything about this on the Adobe forums? Mac or PC? I do not have this problem (LR3, CS5, WinXP). - Terry
    -----------------
    I am no better than you. I critique to teach myself to see.
    -----------------
    Feel free to edit my photos or do anything else that will help me learn.
    -----------------
    Sony/Minolta - way more gear than talent.

Re: Adobe CS5 clone stamp not working

Quote Originally Posted by OldClicker View Post
    Anything about this on the Adobe forums? Mac or PC? I do not have this problem (LR3, CS5, WinXP). - Terry
    I looked on the Adobe forums and many other places and found a lot of answers and NONE of them helped, but this makes it work just fine. I tried to name the new thread so it would show up in Google so it may help others with the same problem but if you put the title to my thread in Google it doesn't seem to come up. I tried. This was also doing the same thing in Adobe Elements. I wish there were some way to get this to show up on a search because it may help other people with this problem. I am using Windows 7 professional with parallels on my Mac to run this, Jeff
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thread Information