Photo Project Forum

A monthly, community-driven photography assignment. This forum is moderated by Didache and Frog.

Photo Project Gallery >>

Featured Photo
Photo by Tyson L. Sparks

by Tyson L. Sparks
Featured Photo Archive >>

International Tap Day

Hi All,

Here are a few from the International Tap Day gathering in SF I attended (LATE!)
    It was held on the 27th, and consisted of a class, tap jam and performance. Key tapper there was Channing Cook-Holmes who has been in Riverdance and Gangs of New York.

It was overall amazing to watch these little kids jam with Channing, but my shots were so off. I was very dissapointed. I arrived at 7:15, when I wanted to be there at 5 to gauge the room and lighting. (I had to teach that day). So everyone was already in place by that time, and I could only jump in where I fit in. I was shooting facing the mirror often, and with a stream of light coming in from the only window in the room. Above me a few scattered flourescents and most of them burned out! I used 400 and 800, thinking that would be best for action, but probably could have gotten away with 200 and 400.

Good news is some of these will get published in an Internationally circulated magazine,
    (black and white only) and the better news is I will be able to shoot the Tap Festival later this year.

Anyway, I just thought I'd share these little rockstars with you. Amazing these kids are...

Hope all is well out there in PR land

Rebekah
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails International Tap Day-bwtapgirl1.jpg   International Tap Day-channingandkids.jpg  
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Twitter
    Facebook
    Blog

Art is always and everywhere the secret confession, and at the same time the immortal movement of its time.
    - Marx

Re: International Tap Day

Whoops! I somehow posted this here with the intention of it going in Viewfinder.
    Sorry!
    Twitter
    Facebook
    Blog

Art is always and everywhere the secret confession, and at the same time the immortal movement of its time.
    - Marx

Thread Information