I've finally got a system down for organizing my pictures, but I need a little help.
First of all, here's my system:
I shoot everything in RAW+JPEG. I group the pictures in sequence shot, 100 shots to each folder, 200 files (100 raw and 100 jpeg).
I go through and flag the JPEGs of the worthy shots, then copy all of the JPEGs to a folder called "Highlights". This way, I have a catalog of all my shots, but I can quickly switch to "View Flagged Files" and show only the highlight shots.
After backing up to 2 DVDs (master copy and working copy), I delete all of the raw files. Then, when I'm ready to process pictures (doesn't happen often - I work full time and am in school full time, plus a 1 1/2 year old and a baby due day after tomorrow), I select a few of the highlighted JPEGs, copy their corresponding raw files onto my hard drive, and process them.
So here's my question:
In each folder of 100, before burning them to a DVD I export the cache so that my flags, rotations, thumbnails, etc. are all still there when I go to retrieve the images. This results in three files in each folder for the cache. When I go to copy the files to the highlights folder, I copy the cache files along with it. This results in lots of cache files with the same name in the highlights folder. When they're copying, photoshop alerts me that there are already files of the same name in that folder, and I tell it to auto resolve. All of my flaggings and stuff are still there, but how do I consolidate all those cache files into one set? Can I delete them and export a new cache for the highlights folder without losing all my highlights and stuff? I know if I go to "purge cache" it threatens me (yes, photoshop actually THREATENS me!) that I will lose all of my flaggings and stuff. Anybody got any ideas?
Thanks,
Chip