Digital Imaging and Computers Forum

Digital Imaging and Computers Forum This forum is for discussing digital photo processing, including RAW image conversion, Photoshop techniques, digital photography workflow, digital image management, and anything else related to digital image processing.
Digital Photography Software Guide >>
Read and Write Photography Software Reviews >>
Read and Write Photo Printer Reviews >>
Computer Reviews >>

Does sometihng like this exist (photo scanners)

I want an easier way to scan in my photos. Right now we have a all in one printer/scanner/fax and it is high quality, but S...L...O...W... I can scan three photos at once, but it just seems like there has to be a better way.

Is there a device that I can set a stack of photos in and it will feed them through like a printer and scan them in one after another? It doesn't have to be the best quality, I am scanning in old pictures that aren't in the greatest shape anyway.

Anyone know of a scanner like that? Or something easier? I am open to suggestions!
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Re: Does sometihng like this exist (photo scanners)

Have you thought of having them scanned for you? Scan Cafe will scan slides, negatives or paper prints for a pretty reasonable price. I have never used them, so I don't know what the quality is like, but I have heard good things about them.

http://www.scancafe.com/

If you do go with them, one thing to note. They send your materials over seas to have them scanned.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

I hadn't thought of that. That makes me pretty nervous to send them out though, considering they are the only copies I have. Pictures from when my grandparents were first married, and other ones like that...

I suppose though, they wouldn't be in business if they lost everyone's photos. I'll have to look into it some. Maybe I could even find a local place that does it?
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gracie_r
    I hadn't thought of that. That makes me pretty nervous to send them out though, considering they are the only copies I have.
    This is my biggest issue with this company too. I have a couple large boxes of slides thta my grandma took a few decades ago. I really want to digitize them, and print a book of the images for my dad, but I don't want to risk loosing them... I don't have the time, or equipment to do them myself either. I can have them done locally, but it's not going to be cheap...
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

H,

I made up a comparison sheet of all the Professional Slide Scanning services (including mine). It shows apples-to-apples prices and options. Along with the country where the work is done etc.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...f6N8DrY8b8ZGLw

Hope that helps.

Lars

thanks for the link
    Photo master

Thread Information