• 12-23-2008, 07:54 AM
    gracie_r
    Does sometihng like this exist (photo scanners)
    I want an easier way to scan in my photos. Right now we have a all in one printer/scanner/fax and it is high quality, but S...L...O...W... I can scan three photos at once, but it just seems like there has to be a better way.

Is there a device that I can set a stack of photos in and it will feed them through like a printer and scan them in one after another? It doesn't have to be the best quality, I am scanning in old pictures that aren't in the greatest shape anyway.

Anyone know of a scanner like that? Or something easier? I am open to suggestions!
  • 12-23-2008, 08:36 AM
    mjs1973
    Re: Does sometihng like this exist (photo scanners)
    Have you thought of having them scanned for you? Scan Cafe will scan slides, negatives or paper prints for a pretty reasonable price. I have never used them, so I don't know what the quality is like, but I have heard good things about them.

http://www.scancafe.com/

If you do go with them, one thing to note. They send your materials over seas to have them scanned.
  • 12-23-2008, 08:43 PM
    gracie_r
    I hadn't thought of that. That makes me pretty nervous to send them out though, considering they are the only copies I have. Pictures from when my grandparents were first married, and other ones like that...

I suppose though, they wouldn't be in business if they lost everyone's photos. I'll have to look into it some. Maybe I could even find a local place that does it?
  • 12-24-2008, 06:35 AM
    mjs1973
    Quote:

Originally Posted by gracie_r
    I hadn't thought of that. That makes me pretty nervous to send them out though, considering they are the only copies I have.

This is my biggest issue with this company too. I have a couple large boxes of slides thta my grandma took a few decades ago. I really want to digitize them, and print a book of the images for my dad, but I don't want to risk loosing them... I don't have the time, or equipment to do them myself either. I can have them done locally, but it's not going to be cheap...
  • 12-28-2008, 02:25 PM
    larsbell
    H,

I made up a comparison sheet of all the Professional Slide Scanning services (including mine). It shows apples-to-apples prices and options. Along with the country where the work is done etc.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...f6N8DrY8b8ZGLw

Hope that helps.

Lars
  • 12-28-2008, 02:55 PM
    mistrz
    thanks for the link