Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Yellowstone

Yellowstone

Hello again! Just wanted yall's opinion on these two shots. Actually critiqe the hell outa me! It's the only way I learn. :-)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Yellowstone-maybeimg.jpg   Yellowstone-maybe2_img.jpg  

Resting on the Lunatic Fringe FadderUri's Avatar

Re: Yellowstone

In both pictures, I see a greenish tint overall. I'm not sure if that's what you were going for, but I find it very distracting.

On the first picture, the composition is great. The panoramic view, and the obvious depth of the gorge gives a sense of being up high, and the clouds in the background are very interesting. Overall, a wonderful shot, although, I would love to see it in full color.

Second picture. Again, wonderfull composition, and very interesting shadows. The angel hair effect on the waterfall is a personal favorite of mine. Good sharp focus on everything, and just like the first, a wonderful sense of height above the water.
    Befriending the friendless
    Bringing odor to the odorless
    Faith to the doubtful
    Doubt to the faithfull
    Clothing the sick and
    Laying my healing hands upon the naked

Actually these Pictures were both taken with the Canon Powershot G1 With A HoyaR72 Filter Infrared. Full color is not possible with these two shots....This was what i wound up with when I used auto levels In Photo shop. Thankyou for the comments :-)

I like the composition of the first shot. Great frame up and dof. The second shot i feel the composition is not good. Too much included in the shot and from a poor point of view for the viewer. Hard to tell where anything begins, ends.and difficult to feel any depth. The infrared filter explains the odd colors I was to mention as well. Good stuff, keep em comin
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

Quote Originally Posted by gahspidy
    I like the composition of the first shot. Great frame up and dof. The second shot i feel the composition is not good. Too much included in the shot and from a poor point of view for the viewer. Hard to tell where anything begins, ends.and difficult to feel any depth. The infrared filter explains the odd colors I was to mention as well. Good stuff, keep em comin
    Thanks you two! I appreciate any advise or pointers I can get. :-) -U

Thread Information