Yellowstone

Printable View

• 12-10-2004, 10:17 PM
    Mr.U
    2 Attachment(s)
    Yellowstone
    Hello again! Just wanted yall's opinion on these two shots. Actually critiqe the hell outa me! It's the only way I learn. :-)
  • 12-11-2004, 12:19 AM
    FadderUri
    Re: Yellowstone
    In both pictures, I see a greenish tint overall. I'm not sure if that's what you were going for, but I find it very distracting.

On the first picture, the composition is great. The panoramic view, and the obvious depth of the gorge gives a sense of being up high, and the clouds in the background are very interesting. Overall, a wonderful shot, although, I would love to see it in full color.

Second picture. Again, wonderfull composition, and very interesting shadows. The angel hair effect on the waterfall is a personal favorite of mine. Good sharp focus on everything, and just like the first, a wonderful sense of height above the water.
  • 12-11-2004, 12:24 AM
    Mr.U
    Actually these Pictures were both taken with the Canon Powershot G1 With A HoyaR72 Filter Infrared. Full color is not possible with these two shots....This was what i wound up with when I used auto levels In Photo shop. Thankyou for the comments :-)
  • 12-11-2004, 03:45 AM
    gahspidy
    I like the composition of the first shot. Great frame up and dof. The second shot i feel the composition is not good. Too much included in the shot and from a poor point of view for the viewer. Hard to tell where anything begins, ends.and difficult to feel any depth. The infrared filter explains the odd colors I was to mention as well. Good stuff, keep em comin
  • 12-12-2004, 06:21 PM
    Mr.U
    Quote:

Originally Posted by gahspidy
    I like the composition of the first shot. Great frame up and dof. The second shot i feel the composition is not good. Too much included in the shot and from a poor point of view for the viewer. Hard to tell where anything begins, ends.and difficult to feel any depth. The infrared filter explains the odd colors I was to mention as well. Good stuff, keep em comin

Thanks you two! I appreciate any advise or pointers I can get. :-) -U