Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

In pursuit of the big crunch

The never-ending search for the peak of the action continues as football matches are now coming thick and fast.

Here are a few from last weekend. What do you all reckon? I have to say I enjoyed seeing the grass fly in the first shot...

There are some more shots from the same game here: http://www.tgsphoto.co.uk/r310704/index.html
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails In pursuit of the big crunch-redbridge-vs-chelmsford-1.jpg   In pursuit of the big crunch-redbridge-vs-chelmsford-2.jpg   In pursuit of the big crunch-redbridge-vs-chelmsford-3.jpg   In pursuit of the big crunch-redbridge-vs-chelmsford-4.jpg  
    Sport in Essex in Pictures
    <a href="http://www.tgsphoto.co.uk"><strong>www.tgsphoto.co.uk</strong></a>

I will only tell you that these are all very good. Framing in all are excellent. Exposure and sharpness, colors right on. I feel the third one is the one I like best of the bunch. The lighting was great, the expressions on the faces and the action. . . .good stuff
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

Really enjoy

I have really enjoyed your football photos here on PR. Great action that is framed well and exposed beautifully. Great job keep up these post.

hardcore

these are brutal---perfect...for a football(soccer) match...you have an amazing gift for capturing these images with such sharpness and clrity and so well composed and exposed...well done... the last and the first are my favs
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Nice work!

Not even sure which is my favorite, as they're all very good. Maybe the first one because it shows a different type of contact. You must have a camera with a pretty good frame-rate to get shots like these, eh? I also like the one on your site with the one fellow tugging on the other's jersey very much.
    D200 = Digital F100
    I have achieved nirvana.

Thanks for your kind comments folks... I am trying to build up a decent portfolio at the moment, so every game is a chance to add another image or replace an old one with a better one. Your feedback is helping me to decide which ones to keep in and which ones to throw out!

Believe it or not, the match I photographed for these pictures was a pre-season 'friendly' match - i.e. not a competitive fixture! - I just can't wait for the proper season to start in a couple of weeks!
    Sport in Essex in Pictures
    <a href="http://www.tgsphoto.co.uk"><strong>www.tgsphoto.co.uk</strong></a>

Thread Information