Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Wheat field

Wheat field

A shot taken not far from home

75mm, 1/200 sec, f 5.6, iso 500
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wheat field-field.jpg  
    Pete

Isn't it a cool thing in nature that the colours never seem to clash...

I have no issues with you editing my photos

Re: Wheat field

wonderful contrast of the warm colors of the field vs the sky and clouds

croping to about two thirds of the field will make the house more prominent leaving a panorama format ... maybe ?

Thanks for the thoughts armando, the light wasn't the best while shooting this. I think I'll have another go at this hopefully before the grain is harvested and try a longer lens setting and in better light .
    Pete

Yeah, it's a nice subject and I think if you catch it right it could produce a stunner. I agree there is too much foreground in this composition for my tastes.
    If I were shooting it I'd consider a night shot, maybe with moonlight on it and stars behind if the angles work out. Or use a ND filter for a long exposure with some fluffy clouds for some fun sky effects.

Thanks Matt, the moon light shot is a great idea, just hope they don't harvest before the next full moon.
    Pete

GB1

Hmm. The color of the wheat is prominent here Pete. It makes an interesting contrast with the color of the sky. The house seems almost insignificant by comparison, which may be what you were going for.

Try converting it to black and white to see how it stands shape- and composition-wise. To be honest, there is something bothering me about it, but I can't quite identify what. Maybe I want to see more detail, or that the shape of the clouds isn't right, or ? Sometimes though, a bothersome picture is better than a neutral one.

G
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Appreciate the comments Greg, this shot disappointed me a little because I was waiting and hoping for better colours when the sun rose behind me but as it happened the sun immediately went behind a layer of thin cloud which washed out the effect I was trying to get. I'm sure the ripe wheat would have coloured up nicely in that early light , but it was not to be and as harvest is not far away I did the best I could.
    Pete

Why is it in a lot of of the Greek and Roman movies, such as Gladiator and 300, do the humans dream of affair their families in a dreamless laureate acreage aloft dying? I accept heard that in the Roman and Greek cultures they accept that if asleep they shall accommodated their families in a affliction blazon of abode to already afresh accumulate with asleep family. But I am defective the affidavit abaft this. If able amuse accommodate a book to apprehend or a website so I can acquisition this answer.

Thread Information