Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: What Way To Go?

What Way To Go?

another crappy B&W show lol can you tell what tracks arent used anymore
    let me know what you think
    Canon EOS 30D | EF 70-200mm f/4L | EF 85mm f/1.8 | EF 50mm f/1.8 | Sigma 10-20mm f/4 EX | Strobist gear galore

Stop Or I'll Shoot Photography Lori11's Avatar

Re: What Way To Go?

Not crappy at all, but I like these shots, maybe try to sharpen it, and its the tracks going straight (from what I can tell lol)

thanks lori11, i loved how the tracks that are used everyday are shiney silver but the old tracks that are now dug up ahead are rusty looking
    Canon EOS 30D | EF 70-200mm f/4L | EF 85mm f/1.8 | EF 50mm f/1.8 | Sigma 10-20mm f/4 EX | Strobist gear galore

Rylan, this is a great shot, both subject and compositionally. To me, there are two things I would work on. I don't know why, but in the upper left and right corners there is some very bad pixelization. The other thing, I think this would make a great candidate for some slight HDR - not completely taking out the mood of the shadows, but just enough to get more light on the bottom of the photo and retain some sky. As-is, it's too dark along the bottom, and personally I'd like to see some detail in the sky as well.
    Brad

Canon: Rebel XTi, 70-200 F/4L, 50mm F/1.8 II, Promaster 19-35mm F/3.5-4.5, Peleng 8mm fisheye
    Lighting: Canon 430 EXII, Quantaray PZ-1 DSZ, Sunpak 333D, D-8P triggers
    120 Film: Ricohflex Diacord TLR, Firstflex TLR, Zeiss Ikon Nettar 515/2 folder
    35mm Film: Nikon Nikkormat FT2, 35mm F/2.8, 50mm F/1.4, 135mm F/2.8

My Blog
    http://www.redbubble.com/people/bradleymiller

thanks brad! yeah the pixelization is from some of the post processing in photoshop, i kind of liked it like that so i kept it haha, hdr would be a great idea, it was a VERY over cast day, so on a sunny day and some hdr would make this alot better thanks for the tips brad

Thread Information