Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liz

Re: Tractor & Barn. Harriman, N.Y.

This photo seems a bit too contrasty. I think it put too much emphasis on the subject and takes away from the rest of the image, which IMO contributes greatly to the whole picture. Hope this is clear.

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by gahspidy
    Brian, the featured photo!? Well, thanks, must be a welcoming back gift ;) I do appreciate it, however.
    thanks to all for your time to comment and add your advice and thoughts.
    McMadCow, there is no lens flare here but rather the sky was blown out due to a hazy gray day, and the flare you see is part of post processing of mine to create a mood from a otherwise blown out sky.

Here is a slightly adjusted version taking into account most of the comments for improvement. slight contrast increase, tone down the sky flare, etc. . .
    how goes it?

Re: Tractor & Barn. Harriman, N.Y.

Liz, thanks for the good words and your thoughts on this. Actually, the scene did not look too interesting as it was but I saw potential in a off beat composition and some editing. I agree that the fading trees add more than the harder contrast and I will bring that back in my final version, but I do like the stronger contrast of the forground subjects. Thanks for your time, Liz.
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information