Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Smith, Blacksmith

This is very interesting to me. Dray, I think you have a unique style to portraiture which grabs attention and then keeps you interested after you are initially drawn in. Your work in post and attention to detail in pre an post is excellent. I wish I had that kind of eye and ability or knowledge or both in post.
    Rule books are paper they will not cushion a sudden meeting of stone and metal. --Ernie Gann--
    What is a cynic? A man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing. --Oscar Wilde--

I love the seriousness of the subject, yet the playfulness of the shirt. I think you've made a great shot, good subject and beautiful lighting.

I like the shot, and the irony of the shirt. Only improvement I would throw out there is his face... looks kind of blank and confused.

Also, it looks a little blurry in some spots. what f/ did you shoot at?

Thanks everyone.

T - shot at 5.6. The blur is not natural; in the process of removing all of it, which is proving more complicated than it should be. Blank and confused... lol! I think that's just the way he looks.

Marcus and jetrim - I fixed the waist area somewhat and would like your opinions as to whether it is an improvement. Will post tomorrow...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information