Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Convention center San Diego

Hello,

Some pictures from my last trip to San Diego last month, what do you think?

Seb
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Convention center San Diego-s1.jpg   Convention center San Diego-s2.jpg   Convention center San Diego-s4.jpg   Convention center San Diego-s5.jpg  

Smile

I really like the last photo. But the focus on that one is a little off to me. I believe that you have the first poll in focus, but I am not sure if that was the best one to focus on. Just a thought.

I am originally from San Diego, these pictures remind me very much of San Diego. I don't miss traffic and people but I do miss the weather and the wonderful things to see. (Not that there aren't wonderful things to see in Wyoming!)

1. I like the way the lifesaver station contrasts in size to the people on the beach. You can also see the wind in the flag...so there is a bit of action here too, besides the people walking.

2. Are those tent tops in the foreground of the convention center? I like the contrast between these too, different types of "buildings". One is permanent, strong and sturdy, the other is portable, can be moved on a whim. I like this effect very much.

3. I think the shot of the flower is very pretty, you can see every detail inside. (I hope my first macro shots come out like this when I get them developed here soon). I think you have a strong focus on the flower to, there is no distraction from the background.

4. What are they? They are very interesting and I like how they are lined up. I feel like I am kind of left empty-handed, wanting more. That is just me tho!
    "When you aim for perfection you discover it is a moving target".

- George Fisher -

hi Sebastien ,
    I like the composition of the poles. i would also like to know what they are and why you chose to shoot these? possibly could have conveyed this in a photo?

the lifeguard hut is nice but a bit dreary. maybe some better sky would have worked also without the people. im a great fan of these type of shots taken at sunrise/sunset. this one to capture the view a lifeguard may see.

the abstract seems to me to be too cluttered and the building centred dont work with me.

Keep up the good work.

mjm
    that guy.
    i dig #4. lights at the airport maybe??

Thread Information