• 04-13-2004, 02:34 PM
    Sebastien B
    4 Attachment(s)
    Convention center San Diego
    Hello,

Some pictures from my last trip to San Diego last month, what do you think?

Seb
  • 04-13-2004, 04:11 PM
    SunnySideUp
    I really like the last photo. But the focus on that one is a little off to me. I believe that you have the first poll in focus, but I am not sure if that was the best one to focus on. Just a thought.
  • 06-05-2004, 02:34 PM
    bjtindle
    I am originally from San Diego, these pictures remind me very much of San Diego. I don't miss traffic and people but I do miss the weather and the wonderful things to see. (Not that there aren't wonderful things to see in Wyoming!)

1. I like the way the lifesaver station contrasts in size to the people on the beach. You can also see the wind in the flag...so there is a bit of action here too, besides the people walking.

2. Are those tent tops in the foreground of the convention center? I like the contrast between these too, different types of "buildings". One is permanent, strong and sturdy, the other is portable, can be moved on a whim. I like this effect very much.

3. I think the shot of the flower is very pretty, you can see every detail inside. (I hope my first macro shots come out like this when I get them developed here soon). I think you have a strong focus on the flower to, there is no distraction from the background.

4. What are they? They are very interesting and I like how they are lined up. I feel like I am kind of left empty-handed, wanting more. That is just me tho! :)
  • 06-05-2004, 03:04 PM
    kitst3r
    hi Sebastien ,
    I like the composition of the poles. i would also like to know what they are and why you chose to shoot these? possibly could have conveyed this in a photo?

the lifeguard hut is nice but a bit dreary. maybe some better sky would have worked also without the people. im a great fan of these type of shots taken at sunrise/sunset. this one to capture the view a lifeguard may see.

the abstract seems to me to be too cluttered and the building centred dont work with me.

Keep up the good work.
  • 06-05-2004, 05:30 PM
    mjm
    i dig #4. lights at the airport maybe??