Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: portrait

portrait

This was a very casual portrait taken of a friend fro her husbands birthday...next to a window andother light source on the opposite side of the window ( forgot about a reflector for under the chin area)

I shot it in color-- but she asked for BW and she wanted me to smooth blend etc skin tones...
    so I did all that in PS ( cloned birthmarks, blotchy skin and some wrinkles)

I also applied a diffuse glow to it...

Please give any/all suggestions on how to improve it...we still have another week to try this again...if need be.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Almost there...

...I would maybe remove a few of those freckles unless she specifies otherwise. Particularly the one on her forehead and the one directly "below" her ear ring. I think the amount of softening is right, as it doesn't interfere too much with the areas that need sharpness / focus. The lighting is very even so it [makes for a very calming mood, which is right for this shot I think].
    D200 = Digital F100
    I have achieved nirvana.

Hey Natalie,
    This is good and I like the framing and crop. I agree with Puckjunky about the freckles. I would suggest that since she wants this in b&w to try to have her wear a darker colored blouse or shirt. I think her face and eyes would really benefit from a darker color surrounding her. I just feel it would be much more "sexy" as this is going to be for her husband. I would say to try a session with her and have her bring a few different tops to wear ( by the way, I think she would look great in a dark colored turtle neck) and you would have a few choices.
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

Thread Information