Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.
    It only hurts when I pee mtbbill's Avatar

Canyon Landscape

Here is a shot of a canyon shot taken this weekend. I feel like it is close but missing something. Maybe it is a little too light. Do you think the foreground rocks add or distract from the shot? Thoughts?

Re: Canyon Landscape

I love the rocks in the foreground and how it leads off into the canyon then sky, and the cropping of it, but then i'm partial to the tall arrangement. It however definatly could use a little color and contrast manipulation to really bring it to life. Hope you don't mind, I touched it up a bit with Contrast, saturation, then a bit of selective color boosting for reds and greens. Overall its a nice shot Where was this taken? Its gorgeous.

Seb

Quote Originally Posted by mtbbill

Here is a shot of a canyon shot taken this weekend. I feel like it is close but missing something. Maybe it is a little too light. Do you think the foreground rocks add or distract from the shot? Thoughts?
    Hello mtbbill,

Not only do I think that the rock add to the scene, I'd almost say that it is mandatory. It seems to me that this kind of scenery need a distinctive element in the foreground to lead to the rest of the picture.

You definately catched a nice landscape here. That is pretty but I agree with oOBrieOo edit which give the picture that little something more. If it was me, I guess that I wouldn't have pushed the colors as much as she did but I agree with her overall idea.

Seb

It only hurts when I pee mtbbill's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oOBrieOo
    Where was this taken?
    It was shot in Trabuco Canyon, in the Santa Ana Mountains of Orange County here in Southern California. There are lots of photo oppurtunities this time of year, but there is mucho poison oak just off the lower elevation trails.

Here are directions to the trailhead.

Thanks for the feedback, The color boosting adds a lot.

Thread Information