Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Newborn Twin Boys

Got to do these adorable boys yesterday, here are just a couple of the shots I got.... the first one I am not sure what to do about the right hand corner, the dad was holding both boys with the cloth draped over him but it just couldn't cover enough and cloning is not matching too well.... but other then that, I think I am happy with the picture(let me tell you how hard it is to get two boys to lay the same way AND have them both hold rings at the same time! :crazy:

The the second picture was kind of an accident, we layed them down and were trying to get them to both go to sleep in the basket so I could pose them without waking them up, and while I was sitting back, I noticed I could see their faces through their feet, and that is what happened!!

I have done newborns before, but never twins. It was ALOT harder then you would think. One would wake up, then the other would go to sleep, they pinch, scratch and hit each other, even though they are only six weeks old(preemies)..... but all in all, I loved it!!

Oh, and the worst thing ever happened - I didn't watch all my settings and I took the whole session with ISO 800!! :mad2: Luckily I was able to save most of the pictures but I was SO upset with myself.

Summer Katz
    Katz Photography
    www.katzphotography.net

Stop Or I'll Shoot Photography Lori11's Avatar

Re: Newborn Twin Boys

O-M-G........these are so sweet they make my teeth hurt Love them! Both of them are beautiful and you came up with great idea's for the shoot. The parents will love them. I hope there are more

Thanks - I have more, I just have to play with them a little more before I post them......

I played with the Ring pic, and the couple love selective coloring so I think they will like this alot......

Summer Katz
    Katz Photography
    www.katzphotography.net

Stop Or I'll Shoot Photography Lori11's Avatar

Sweet! They will love it!

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Nice stuff. I wouldn't have worried about the corner or been bothered if I was the parent.
    TG I'm not
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Thanks. That top corner would have drove me nuts though!
    Summer Katz
    Katz Photography
    www.katzphotography.net

GB1

Both great shots! The first one's corner looks fine to me. If anything, I might clone out part of the bottom shot's left veil, or whatever it is, just to open it up more. Great work. Looks good for 800 speed btw. And with this low of lighting you probably would have needed at least 320 ISO anyway

G
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

I admire your work on this one, Chow. Every shot is nicely done, and you can work out the kinks in PS.
    John
    PLEASE ASK BEFORE MAKING ANY EDITS. THANK YOU.

If I care enough to leave a critique or comment on your work, please return the favor.

My Aviation photos:
    http://picasaweb.google.com/addiesgranddaddy

Everything else:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/9367218@N03/

I prefer the top 2 photos to the altered black and white. I actually like the black corner in the upper right and the babies themselves have different color skin-tones that actually adds to the picture. I'd probably try to do something about the spots on the forehead of the baby in the left side of the top photo, but other than that, it's a very nice shot. The second shot is really nice as well. Great work.

Thanks very much for all the compliments! The spot on the one baby, Jacob, is actually a bruise from when he was in the hospital and had to have the face oxygen mask on, I asked the parents if they wanted it gone and they said no. I think it is just part of their kids time for them to remember.

I like the idea of removing some of the tulle in the second shot, I might do that.

I am most DEFINITELY going to be watching my ISO next time though, I just dreaded the thought of having to call them and ask for a reshoot because I screwed up the settings on my camera! But thankfully, I managed to get enough of them with decent lighting... live and learn, right? hehe
    Summer Katz
    Katz Photography
    www.katzphotography.net

Great shots! I once drove (we'll my brother drove me actually) up to the dead sea for the sunrise , we woke up at 5:15 (!) am I shot for aproximatly an hour and on the walk back to the car, I realized my ISO was at 2700(!) because I had been trying somthing out the night before and forgot to change back! so that ruined the whole shoot! but yeah, live and learn, I definatly won't do that again!

I really like to color shot with the rings, it is great! On the second shot I think if the focus had been on their faces instead of their feet I would have liked it much better. If the twins had been a boy and a girl the rings would have been an excellent way to distiguish between the two, diamond for the girl and band for the boy, Jeff
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thread Information