Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Mono Lake

Mono Lake

Mono Lake, California. 30s around f22 (with 10x ND filter). Provia 100F. I also shot it at 1/30s without the ND filter as a comparison - huge color shift with the long exposure. The color shift is minus green, but for this shot I'm okay with it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mono Lake-wtz00003.jpg  

I've been going through the forum for about an hour now, and for the first time in a long time, I felt like I had nothing to add. I was out of opinion .... yup a first for me....
    This picture cured me!!... I like it, it is exactly what I am in the mood for today. It is very serene, the water is calm. It all has a painting feeling to it. I like the mountains in the background. I like the little rock... I am not sure if the technical word is symetry... but It adds what the right technical word is that I like (hmm... Pro's need your help here... what is the word I am looking for).
    Someone is not going to like how you have the horizon in the middle of the picture. It is a big no no in terms of composition. But that somoene is not going to be me... not today.

Keep'em coming. I would love to see more of your long exposures. I have a real soft spot for them.
    Opinions I got lots, expertise none!! Hmm… except for giving opinions!!

Breathtaking...

Your Photo is unbeleivably beautiful. I adore everything about it and feel it is perfectly executed in every way. Thank you for letting me view something that wonderful.
    Kit

This is a great shot. Must be the pastel-like background colors. Also, the position of the big rock brings a good balance to the image. I rarely try long exposures myself, but your picture surely inspired me!

Cheers,
    Frank

It's like a planet-scape from another world... I really like it. The composition is very well balanced and you've also captured the subtle colors of the place, which tend to be monochromatic. That is, not always easily captured.

The only thing that might be improved (hard to tell with small JPEGS because they get compressed) is the main rock formation could be a tad sharper it seems. Otherwise very compelling.
    D200 = Digital F100
    I have achieved nirvana.

Thread Information