Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

modded scotland in winter pic..

the original had enough going for it to justify the rescue i think.. it will still print A3 size but is part fake..

original sky removed.. fake sky from an entirley different image layered in.. small crop to remove most of the forground and give a more panoramic effect.. a slight tilt to the right was tried but not used..

i stopped short at adding the odd cow or other point of interest thow.. he he he

oriiginal image for comparison purposes..

comments welcome..

trog
    Last edited by trog100; 01-23-2007 at 09:38 AM.

Re: modded scotland in winter pic..

Nice manipulation of the image. Image #1 is much more dramatic.

Jim B.
    Too bad all the people who know how to run this country are busy running taxicabs or cutting hair.

George Burns

Trog.

I know you must hate this but this has elevated this from a snapshot to something that would sell. IMHO

For someone who doesn't like doing these things your skill are excellent.

Roger
    "I hope we will never see the day when photo shops sell little schema grills to clamp onto our viewfinders; and the Golden Rule will never be found etched on our ground glass." from The mind's eye by Henri Cartier-Bresson

My Web Site: www.readingr.com

DSLR
    Canon 5D; EF100-400 F4.5-5.6L IS USM; EF24-70 F2.8L USM 50mm F1.8 II; EF 100 F2.8 Macro
    Digital
    Canon Powershot Pro 1; Canon Ixus 100

ultimately roger my criteria for an accepable image is one that will sell or at least with a few tweaks will sell.. i dont actually sell any but like to think at least some of my images have the potential..

i am a paparazzy type landscape shooter.. i love touring trips.. i am a drive by shooter.. he he

i see the potential in a scene stop the car and fire off lots of frames from different angles and such and drive off an find another scene with potential..

lots of the time i have to simply drive by beautyfull "potential" because it isnt possible to stop..

my son and i last week fired off about a thousand or so such snapshots.. i mostly just store them in folders and dont do anything to them as a matter of course.. i am happy if some of the images i take have the "potential" to sell.. i seem to be happy to know the desired potential is there and can see it without tweaking it out so to speak..

i kinda tweaked and posted that one just to show i do know what a decent image looks like..

and strangly enough its because i have the skill to manipulate images that i am wary of doing to much of it..

i know what can be done.. and still consider having to do it as a failure from a photographic point of view..

that particularl image was one of couple of dozen or so taken at the same spot.. the "snapshot" was good allowng for the sun being in the place it was.. to me its a good photograph.. but when i factor in the out of camera image manipulation that can be done nothing is good enough.. another reason i dont like doing it.. he he

just for interest out of a thousand snapshots took last week the pair of us probably have about fifty "sellable" images..

thanks for your compliment..

trog

Thread Information