Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.
    misanthrope

Mill Creek reflection pool

This is Mill Creek in the locally well-known Stout Grove in Redwood National Park. I had never walked the Mill Creek Trail before, and I was pleased to find this calm little pool, complete with clear water and a rope swing (which my dear brother was so kind to hold out of the way). I'm wondering about cropping out the overhanging branch at the top of the frame, but does it lend a little context to the scene? And what does everyone think about the pic in general? I think it needs a bit more detail in the bottom of the frame, but that could just be me being picky.
    Thanks all!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mill Creek reflection pool-mill-creek-reflection-pool.jpg  
    "We've all been raised by television to believe that one day we'll all be millionaires and movie gods and rock stars -- but we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off."

-Fight Club, Chuck Palahniuk

Thread Information