Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Marylin Monroe?

Marylin Monroe?

This is a shot I did during a retro calendar shoot with a friend. She was supposed to be channeling Marylin Monroe. I have gotten mixed feedback about this shot so I was wondering what you guys think.[IMG][/IMG]

Re: Marylin Monroe?

I like the shot but it doesn't look like Marilyn Monroe. The eyebrows don't seem right. Marilyn had more angular eyebrows and were usually thicker.

She reminds me more of some other starlet before my time. I can't even guess at a name to throw out but she seems familiar, just not as Marilyn.
    As for the shot I like it although I think there is too much smoothing on the skin. It looks like porcelain to me. The lighting works well for her face and clothing but another light on the left for her hair would have looked better to me.

Overall, pretty nice.

Yeah I agree not a look-alike, I think it was more the style and the "blonde bombshell" type of look. And I did take the smoothing pretty far because I wanted that perfect look, I don't normally do that but in this situation I thought it was appropriate.

She's not the gal from Rodger Rabbit?
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

This photo looks completely Photoshopped. lol

GB1

I agree that the processing is excessive, was the first thing I thought when I saw it. As others have said, not quite MM but certainly another era, maybe before Marylin, 1920s..? The photo look isn't quite right for MM's era either I don't believe, I think there was more grain, more vignetting.

Let's see the original!

G
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

I think if you backed off the porcelain doll effect on her face this would be rather a nice portrait
    Pete

Isn't it a cool thing in nature that the colours never seem to clash...

I have no issues with you editing my photos

Thread Information