Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: macro spider

macro spider

Well?
    im not sure about it?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails macro spider-spider-crop-1.jpg  

No me neither, But I am not sure whether that is because I am VERY scared of spiders so maybe I am not the best judge here. Having said that, it does look a bit flat. Are the colours true to the object? If so would a different colour background help? Mind you is it alive or dead? Somehow I don't think I would have enjoyed asking it to conveniently move to a better coloured background if it were alive. It is certainly sharp. The hairs on the legs are exceptional. Does that species of spider have four eyes? What equipment are you using? Sorry, hope my ramblings here are of some assistance.

Macro...

is pretty tough to do. Good points: the exposure is very good, with really good detail found on the body and legs. Lighting is difficult with macro...looks like either flash was used or whatever light source created shadows that are a bit distracting. Composition ... I think the rest of the body is needed in the frame. Keep at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezz
    Well?
    im not sure about it?

Liz

Unhappy Ugh!

Well, I agree with Charles, but I have no need to see the whole spider! heheh.

It's really sharp....was he alive? Either way, great sharp photo - yes, work on getting the next one's entire body.

Liz

Well?
    im not sure about it?

thanks

for the replys, colours are right for the body, and i agree with the background ideas, however this was one of those if you try to move it it will run and not stay still again types of spiders, here in Australia we call them Huntsmans, not sure if the US have them.
    I liked this crop but the original has a bit more, doesnt look good though, in my opinion.
    Taken with a G5 on a tripod (hard to do as spider was on the wall, 2 metres (6 feet) up), no flash, lighting wasnt to bad could have bounced some more in under it if i had time! had to go out for the night.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Talking Love It!

Hurray for the spider- these macro shots allow us into their private space- without fear (or maybe still some fear). I agree, more spider in the pic, but I completely love the background- looks like flesh- making the entire spider more daunting.

I would try another angle too just for fun- like more on the spiders eye(s) level... but over all LOVE IT! Great pic lets see more of that guy!

(not to post in your threat, but I am excited about your spider!) I posted a macro spider late in 03 (late summer or fall, can't recall) of not your typical garden spider... here's a link to it

Sitting in a Leaky Dingy Michael Fanelli's Avatar
    Well?
    im not sure about it?
    Very nice sharpness and natural color. IMHO, it would have been a lot stronger if you weren't looing down at it. Nose-to-nose, level with the spider's horizontal POV, would have been a much better composition.
    Last edited by Michael Fanelli; 03-17-2004 at 04:21 PM. Reason: Oh, you know...
    "Every great decision creates ripples--like a huge boulder dropped in a lake. The ripples merge and rebound off the banks in unforseeable ways.

Thread Information