Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

A long and somewhat productive silence...

Dear All,

Well, I guess the productive part is actually up in the air. That is why I am posting this . Tell me what you think. Go to my gallery. The partictualrs are there. Enjoy!

http://gallery.photographyreview.com...&ppuser=238866

Dzerzhinski

;)
    "But what is strength without a double share of wisdom." John Milton

Lost Planet Cameraman #8

Re: A long and somewhat productive silence...

Which one?

Unhappy Which One?

Dear Chunk,

Sorry . I was a little fazed last night when I posted the photos, and decided to forgo the tedium of saying which pictures they were . All the pictures from A Nap onwards. Or if you want to be a little more technical, all the pictures dated Wed Jan 5. Sorry for the inconvenience. I will probably post a little guided tour of the photos later today. Enjoy!

Dzerzhinski

Lost Planet Cameraman #8

Post The Guided Tour

Dear All,

I probably should have done this when I first posted the pictures, but I was lazy and a bit phazed from the plane ride back here (what with a three hour delay at LAX ). I shall now give the guided tour. I did a lot more in terms of portraits than I usually do the past weeks. I guess it was just the lack of better subject matter. My favorites though, are A Morning Cuppa and Hello yes?, which both happen to be of my mom. She makes a very distinguished subject for the camera. My dad was also obliging (though he didn't have much of a choice in the matter!) and I got some good portraits. The best in my opinion is perhaps May I Pour? which also has my cute little neice in it as well. Both The Sleeping Man and A Nap are nice, but not in the touching way that the other is. A Nap is good for laughs, but is not as nice. My older sister somehow managed to be rather silly in each of the pictures I took of her (Whimsy ), not very helpful in that sense. I think Grandmother and Granddaughter makes a rather nice picture, both compositionally and in terms of subject. A nice candid in my opinion. To round out the field comes The table is set... , kind of a stock picture of the warm Christmas table. I hope you all enjoy this set, and please send me your comments, they are always welcome.

Dzerzhinski

Lost Planet Cameraman #8

Thread Information