Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Light and Shadow

Hey all, I am quite a newbie yet with digital camera's, I bought a few days ago a Sanyo Xacti VPC-J2EX

And now I wish you guys to ..well tell me what you think of these pics. They are clickable for 1280x960

Last edited by swampy; 03-01-2004 at 02:05 PM.

welcome, swampy!
    i like the first one better. good composition! maybe it would have been more powerful without the additional shadow to the left of the cat...
    "Too much color blinds the eye."
    -Lao Tze

Hey Swampy,
    I like the top one. I like the cats position and her ?his shadow on the smooth yello wall. Would like it more if some of the yello color cast were gone, but thats most likely from shooting under low tungsten light ( even more so with yellow walls). The one on the bottom I feel has too many elements that are not needed. I would love to see the cat on the table with just the shadow and maybe one picture on the wall. But the rest of the room in there is just distracting from the good stuff.
    Keep shooting and hope to see more. . . .
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

Top one is the best indeed. Composition is good and the cat seems to know what to do.

Cheers,
    Frank
    Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard drive?

The ifrst one shows vision, well done.
    -Seb

My website

(Please don't edit and repost my images without my permission. Thank you)

How to tell the most experienced shooter in a group? They have the least amount of toys on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian
    The ifrst one shows vision, well done.
    Thank you for your replies all, indeed, the cat is a very good photomodel ( she is truly a diva, in all aspects ), I have read up more on this and other forums and also websites and surely will keep hunting for this kind of moments.

And yes, both will be printed out on photopaper, digital photoshooting is cheaper as chemical that for sure, but... I probably can get a nice..older but nice photocamera with good lenses and a nice zoom. For free to use.

Will look into it more, now have allot of pictures to process!

Thread Information