Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: on the couch

on the couch

here's another one from the same night as "a friend cooking dinner".
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails on the couch-susan_house_susan_watching_tv_cropped_lowres.jpg  

Not that new

Just offbeat enough

that it works. The background distraction matches the subjects disinterest. The bright spot behind her shoulder is a bit unfortunate, and it looks like maybe her head moved slightly during exposure. The color and clutter are great. The way she's gazing away with a slightly enigmatic expression, reclining comfortably, and fidgeting with her toes all create a casual and appealing mood that just keeps me looking.
    Hal

Nice

Nice placement of the subject in the frame. Very good casual mood to the photograph. I keep wondering about the right side if the image. I can't decide if the green of the kitchen is distracting from the mood of the photograph or if the it enhances the image. But than isn't that one of the things an image like this is suppose to do, create some thought. Very nice work.

Thread Information