Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: The Last Set...

The Last Set...

of the day.

I took this one last year with my 7i at the new pier at Jax beach, just before the sun slipped under the horizon.

Crits welcome!

John Cowan
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

Re: The Last Set...

The white spot just to the right of the centre is distracting.The high ISO value does add some atmosphere to the photo but almost too much.Great Idea however and a good photo.
    Piet

The glare is a little too much but what distracts me most is a sort of soft circle (which i'm sure could be got rid of).. roughly around center on what I think is a bridge But the inclusion of the swimmer almost makes up for all that and gives us a photograph full of atmosphere and calm.
    Have just been back to your incredible Cat Study shots and fail to understand how they received so little response.
    Tom
    http://www.overbeyond.com

I have a total lack of respect for anything connected with society, except that which makes the roads safer, the beer stronger, the food cheaper, and the old men and old women warmer in the winter and happier in the summer. Brendan Behan

Almo,

I'd crop to right below that solid line on the top. For me, it just doesn't add to the picture, and if you crop right where it ends, it adds the feeling of being just on the ocean. The human adds a great touch. Interesting shot,

Jared

GB1

I like the reflection and the human in the shot, but the overall composition and the contrast makes more for an experimental pic rather than a great shot.

This one is great material for a future PS colaige or related. You could use the reflection as a special effect merged in with another photo maybe.

I like the overall 'darkness' of this shot. It treads a fine line between mystery and underexposure.

GB

Thread Information