Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I'm curious..What do you think?

These are a few of, well literally hundreds of house pics I took while running up the coast, trying to escape Frances.
    Like em?
    Last edited by shesells; 09-22-2007 at 06:56 PM.

Excuse me while I burn in the sky Clicker's Avatar
    did you get my PM? ( It's about our plan to take over the world... Top secret stuff !)
    Rachel

What happens when you hit a Thousand? Should I watch for Balloons?

Kit ~ Like the first one ! ( alot)

Image #2 although that little house that is half a house is very neat, the placement of it so close to the border just brings too much attention to that area, then brings out the pole too much... i think it would benefit from a crop ( lop off from just left of the pole. And I'd clone out the wires.. I really like the birds and the gradiation in the sky, as well as the Canna's in the foreground, giving it a burst of color... great that orange is opposite blue in the color wheel... ( isn't it? ) Makes me wonder what a shot would of been like had you been standing exactly where the left corner is now... filling the bottom with cannas, and getting rid of the street.....would you happen to have anymore shots of this house?

Image #3 Like the sky and the angle, don't like the green
    and my eye goes to the very bottom left hand corner, where its wider there.....oh, and i'd be clone happy with the wires here as well

Rachel

Kit, what's your camera? What's your lens?
    Drink Coffee. Do stupid things faster with more energy.

Quote Originally Posted by kellybean
    Why are you asking that?

Quote Originally Posted by Elysian
    Why are you asking that?
    Because the question popped into my mind and I realized I'm curious.

Sorry for asking a normal question.

Sorry for giving a normal answer.

Rachel:
    Quote Originally Posted by Clicker
    did you get my PM? ( It's about our plan to take over the world... Top secret stuff !)
    No, sorry, did you want to be in on that?(take over the world... ) Sorry I already did it!! Oh, if you mean your PM to my PM, yes I got it.

would you happen to have anymore shots of this house?!
    Your wish is my command.. Tada! These are right out of the memory stick and need a lot of work, like cropping and/or cloning. This spot was hard, because I had to stay in my car, and I was like illegally parked. lol

Image #3 Like the sky and the angle, don't like the green
    Well then, bite me.

Kelly:
    I have a sony F717 with a Carl Zeiss Lens. good lens huh? especially since I dropped in head first on the sidewalk the first night. (with a tripod attached)

Elysian:
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian
    Why are you asking that?
    Why are you asking that instead of looking at my pictures and telling me how much you love them?? hm??

So, what did you guys think?
    Last edited by shesells; 09-22-2007 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shesells
    Why are you asking that instead of looking at my pictures and telling me how much you love them?
    Funny, maybe now you understand why I asked Kelly that question

Rachel:
    No, sorry, did you want to be in on that?(take over the world... ) Sorry I already did it!!
    dang, missed out !

Your wish is my command.. Tada

i don't seeeeeeee them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheshells
    Well then, bite me.
    lol. only if i were rabid.
    Rachel

Oh yeah, Clicker... i forgot something..heh here ya go. Sorry, I was at the movies today and my head is flying. Saw Danny Deckchair and that is just the most feel good movie of the year!

Danny Deckchair? Never heard of it, never seen previews, but then again... haven't watched tv in about 8 years either...

ahhhh just kidding, haven't watched tv since the Olympics were on, and even then just for a minute or two, been so busy shopping for my new computer system and PS and my new scanner.... and stuff.
    Rachel

Danny Deckchair? Never heard of it, never seen previews, but then again... haven't watched tv in about 8 years either...

ahhhh just kidding, haven't watched tv since the Olympics were on, and even then just for a minute or two, been so busy shopping for my new computer system and PS and my new scanner.... and stuff.
    um clicker? forgetting something?? hmm? aren't you the one who asked me if I had other shots of the house? hello out there! Notice anything new here?

der! I forgot, i was microwaving my dinner and the ding went "ding" so i went...

anyway... I actually meant the **brown** house - you've got it in the last one, but i think the flower has gone too out of focus, I also find myself wanting to crop off the sides where the house ends, so that the photo would look as it there were more house... Which defeats your whole purpose, because you **took** them for that reason, right? Well, My brain just doesn't want to accept that thats the house and thats all of the house...

they are very strange aren't they? I have never seen a house like that...
    A-line houses, yes, Shotgun houses in arkansas and Louisiana, yes, this, no..
    Rachel

Rachel

Basically, those last few pics are worthless and were taken in such a hurry that I couldn't even focus properly, like I was in the middle of the road. lol Yeah, the houses in that area are like none I've ever seen. They are all beach houses and right on the beach. nice huh? It's like a house small enough to be an apartment... I got tons more to play with so no worries.
    Later, Kit

Love these pics Sheshells. I think they are so captivating. They pop, the clarity is unmatched
    Hope you were able to get away fast enough

VillenaDeCorte
    Twitter
    Facebook
    Blog

Art is always and everywhere the secret confession, and at the same time the immortal movement of its time.
    - Marx

If these houses are so small, you haven't effectively captured the scale. They look huge to me.

Villandecourt: oh wow, thank you so much. I really needed that. Know why? Because we now have another hurricane coming straight at us again! I'm not kidding. It's Jeanne. I'm leaving again so maybe more photo ops. If you like those pics you would love that area. The outer banks of NC. It's so fresh and bright. A wonderful spot. I haven't even begun to go through all the pics from there. See you in a few days. Thanks for your encouragement.
    Kit

Kelly: They are huge. The one she was talking about was that little white one with the lillies in front. Most of the houses in that area are two or three stories, but they do have those little beach houses interspersed. Would you mind telling me what you think of the pics? I was thinking you asked about the lens because you thought it was sharp...wishful thinking I guess. heh
    Kit

Kelly: They are huge. The one she was talking about was that little white one with the lillies in front. Most of the houses in that area are two or three stories, but they do have those little beach houses interspersed. Would you mind telling me what you think of the pics? I was thinking you asked about the lens because you thought it was sharp...wishful thinking I guess. heh
    Kit
    Oh, you're exactly right! I'm pretty discouraged at the lack of sharpness I've been getting, and I'm just trying to track down the problem.

I don't have time right now to critique these shots, but I'll come back as soon as I have some time to think. I Promise.

ps. I don't see a little white house with lillies out front. Am I missing something?

Kelly...

ps. I don't see a little white house with lillies out front. Am I missing something?
    It's the second one from the bottom, its on stilts so it looks big, but its little compared to the other huge homes there. Take your time and get back when you can because I'm going off for a few days to get away from this next hurricane. I'll come back with pics I hope.
    Have fun,
    Kit

So Jeanne is coming back? Darn. I hope you are ok!
    Yes I really do love those pics. I bet I would love the area... minus the hurricanes... but I guess there is some sort of natural disaster wherever you go. Me? I've got earthquakes. Havent experienced anything like what you guys are going through, so my thoughts are with you!

Villandecourt: oh wow, thank you so much. I really needed that. Know why? Because we now have another hurricane coming straight at us again! I'm not kidding. It's Jeanne. I'm leaving again so maybe more photo ops. If you like those pics you would love that area. The outer banks of NC. It's so fresh and bright. A wonderful spot. I haven't even begun to go through all the pics from there. See you in a few days. Thanks for your encouragement.
    Kit
    Twitter
    Facebook
    Blog

Art is always and everywhere the secret confession, and at the same time the immortal movement of its time.
    - Marx

Quote Originally Posted by villenadecorte
    So Jeanne is coming back? Darn. I hope you are ok!
    Yes I really do love those pics. I bet I would love the area... minus the hurricanes... but I guess there is some sort of natural disaster wherever you go. Me? I've got earthquakes. Havent experienced anything like what you guys are going through, so my thoughts are with you!
    Thanks so much. I'm not sure when I'll be back because I may have no power when I get home. This is the first time it's ever been like this, so it's still great.
    Kit

Intermediate member bobbythebandit's Avatar
    Yeah, great colours but the wires throw me of liking some of them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information