Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Friends till the end

Went to D.C. last weekend, got a lot of pictures. Man I love that place, its just so overwhelming. Here's one I got, any comments appreciated!

Last edited by F-15_Flyer; 03-05-2005 at 11:16 AM. Reason: Image was too dark

Re: Friends till the end

An interesting one this. I like the effect and it looks like a real war situation; soldiers turning away from some terrible scene and comforting their colleague (or taking a prisoner maybe). I like it very much.
    Tom
    http://www.overbeyond.com

I have a total lack of respect for anything connected with society, except that which makes the roads safer, the beer stronger, the food cheaper, and the old men and old women warmer in the winter and happier in the summer. Brendan Behan

I really like the effect John. I believe I remember seeing this sculpture myself.

A Vietnam Veterans memorial, Bronze I think?

So true that the memorials at the mall are overwhelming. My daughter and I spent 4 days in DC, visiting the Smithsonian and all. The memorials are still what is foremost in my mind.

I hope you post more!
    Lara

Yep, this was one of the many Vietnam memorial, and it was bronze. This one was most definetely my favorite. It means so much.

And yes, I will post more.

Thankyou Lara and Overbeyond for your comments.

I like this a lot. I'm usually not in to Photoshop tricks. But, it works very nicely here. It really helps set the mood of what the folks in the statue may have been experiencing.

Thanks,
    Tim
    Samurai #17 |;^\

OldSchool,

Funny you mention it, I'm not into photoshop tricks either, in fact if you look at all my past photos, none of them are manipulated at all, I usually just scan my stuff straight from the darkroom and leave it at that, any manipulation done in the darkroom, but I had fun with this one.

appreciate your comment.

The grain effect and the black and white color really do this image well. It's difficult not to look at it, and feel a mix of emotions. Thanks for sharing, and I look forward to more....
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, camera in one hand, a beer in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

The effect works well and I agree that it look like it could have been taken on the battlefield. Made me remember to pray for my cousin who is in Iraq right now.
    If every morning when you wake your goal is to straighten out people, you probably should be a funeral director. - Charles Lowery

Thread Information