Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Flowers anyone!!

i took these flower pics a while ago i forgot the names the yellow one is called a bell i took that on a digital and i took the others with my 56mm
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flowers anyone!!-dscn0008.jpg   Flowers anyone!!-dscn0005.jpg   Flowers anyone!!-dscn0132.jpg   Flowers anyone!!-92610010.jpg  

Nice eye

Nice eye for color and you are doing a very good job with the tech areas of closeup photography, good focus and depth. I like a lot about your images and the fact that you are working with both film and digital. The area that I would like to see you work on in these photo is the framing and compostion. Try different angles and avoid centering every bloom. Keep it up you are making very nice images.

It's hurricane season... again...
    Quote Originally Posted by Young Shooter
    i took these flower pics a while ago i forgot the names the yellow one is called a bell i took that on a digital and i took the others with my 56mm
    My favorite is the yellow trumpet flower. I like the way the backlighting really highlighted those water drops. Very nice! Also, I think, but I could be wrong, that the flowers on the bottom are plumeria. Not too sure, because my plumeria haven't bloomed yet this year. But that's what they look like to me. Very nice work!
    Kristin
    Canon Bird Nerd #2

Seb
    Hello Young Shooter,

I thank you for having taken the time to comment my night shots.

I like every of your flowers shots but I have to say that my favorite one is the first picture as well. I especially enjoy the way you have used natural lightning for this one and the effect of transparency.

What film have you used for the others pictures. I may be wrong but it remembers me the look of Kodak Supra.

regards

Seb

What do you mean by framing and composing i just dont know what you mean by this im just use to shooting the flower straight on but i see what u mean i just go to figure out how to do that on a flower its different thanks alot old timer.

Thread Information