Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.
    GB1

Floofie (Warning, Nudity)

Took these about a year and a half ago and somehow overlooked them in processing. Comments welcome. Tough decision on how much contrast to use, as the originals were very moody and dark. I brightened them up to show her a bit better,

G

Name:  DSC_4636_Edit1_1_1000.jpg
Views: 1171
Size:  133.6 KB

Name:  DSC_4642_1_1000.jpg
Views: 1217
Size:  165.3 KB
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Re: Floofie (Warning, Nudity)

Model photography is not nor is it ever likely to be my thing but I admire those that can do, so any thing I write should be viewed with that in mind . GB the first shot to me looks like a very classical pose and I wonder how this would suit a sepia treatment with some grain.
    In the second I'm not sure if I like her face and right leg in shadow.
    Pete

Isn't it a cool thing in nature that the colours never seem to clash...

I have no issues with you editing my photos

GB1

Thanks Pete. Yes, the first one seems to hold promise. The second I think is a good pose, but I did not light her property to highlight the her dominate leg and her face, which are fatal flaws.

Try modeling photography sometime - it doesn't bite.

My Site

were you directing ?
    legs , arms , body, all very well, the position of her head/face let us look directly to her nostrils , not the most flattering angle and breaks and otherwise very elegant pose

lightning wise I like contrasty and moody , specially in nudes

The pose is fine, the contrast on the back can be pleasant with the light more to the side instead of direct

Greg, I'm not even going to pretend I can critique this kind of photography. But I do want to know...is her name really Floofie?
    Ken

My Website: His Creation
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take." Wayne Gretzky

GB1

Quote Originally Posted by armando_m View Post
    were you directing ?
    legs , arms , body, all very well, the position of her head/face let us look directly to her nostrils , not the most flattering angle and breaks and otherwise very elegant pose

lightning wise I like contrasty and moody , specially in nudes

The pose is fine, the contrast on the back can be pleasant with the light more to the side instead of direct
    I can't take credit for the pose there Armando, there was an ex-model there who now runs this photo club suggesting ideas. I see what you mean about the nostrils, perhaps if she was facing down more than this pose would be even better.

I am not sure about the contrast myself, as to me nudes should be more harmonious than contrasty, but w/ this model I think it works.

Soft light vs. direct, that's the question. The former is more common and what you see a lot of folks use, but the latter often adds excitement to the image.

G

My Site

GB1

Quote Originally Posted by ksbryan0 View Post
    Greg, I'm not even going to pretend I can critique this kind of photography. But I do want to know...is her name really Floofie?
    I really doubt it. I didn't ask her where that (nick)name came from, as to be honest she is somewhat unapproachable in that regard, though a good model. I see she's traveling through San Diego again this week but I will be too busy to shoot...

G

My Site

Every time you surprise me, your information is fantastic!

Thread Information