Floofie (Warning, Nudity)

Printable View

• 12-22-2013, 12:34 AM
    GB1
    2 Attachment(s)
    Floofie (Warning, Nudity)
    Took these about a year and a half ago and somehow overlooked them in processing. Comments welcome. Tough decision on how much contrast to use, as the originals were very moody and dark. I brightened them up to show her a bit better,

G

Attachment 92525

Attachment 92526
  • 12-22-2013, 03:45 AM
    hminx
    Re: Floofie (Warning, Nudity)
    Model photography is not nor is it ever likely to be my thing but I admire those that can do, so any thing I write should be viewed with that in mind . GB the first shot to me looks like a very classical pose and I wonder how this would suit a sepia treatment with some grain.
    In the second I'm not sure if I like her face and right leg in shadow.
  • 12-29-2013, 10:27 PM
    GB1
    Thanks Pete. Yes, the first one seems to hold promise. The second I think is a good pose, but I did not light her property to highlight the her dominate leg and her face, which are fatal flaws.

Try modeling photography sometime - it doesn't bite. :)
  • 01-03-2014, 09:24 PM
    armando_m
    were you directing ?
    legs , arms , body, all very well, the position of her head/face let us look directly to her nostrils , not the most flattering angle and breaks and otherwise very elegant pose

lightning wise I like contrasty and moody , specially in nudes

The pose is fine, the contrast on the back can be pleasant with the light more to the side instead of direct
  • 01-03-2014, 10:28 PM
    ksbryan0
    Greg, I'm not even going to pretend I can critique this kind of photography. But I do want to know...is her name really Floofie? :confused:
  • 01-05-2014, 04:19 PM
    GB1
    Quote:

Originally Posted by armando_m View Post
    were you directing ?
    legs , arms , body, all very well, the position of her head/face let us look directly to her nostrils , not the most flattering angle and breaks and otherwise very elegant pose

lightning wise I like contrasty and moody , specially in nudes

The pose is fine, the contrast on the back can be pleasant with the light more to the side instead of direct

I can't take credit for the pose there Armando, there was an ex-model there who now runs this photo club suggesting ideas. I see what you mean about the nostrils, perhaps if she was facing down more than this pose would be even better.

I am not sure about the contrast myself, as to me nudes should be more harmonious than contrasty, but w/ this model I think it works.

Soft light vs. direct, that's the question. The former is more common and what you see a lot of folks use, but the latter often adds excitement to the image.

G
  • 01-05-2014, 04:21 PM
    GB1
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ksbryan0 View Post
    Greg, I'm not even going to pretend I can critique this kind of photography. But I do want to know...is her name really Floofie? :confused:

I really doubt it. I didn't ask her where that (nick)name came from, as to be honest she is somewhat unapproachable in that regard, though a good model. I see she's traveling through San Diego again this week but I will be too busy to shoot...

G
  • 03-15-2020, 11:10 AM
    Jane Cooper
    Every time you surprise me, your information is fantastic!