Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Esperanza - Vieques, Puerto Rico

Had a little weekend getaway with my girlfriend, we went to Vieques (a small island east of the main island of Puerto Rico)...i loved it there, if you ever have a chance, don't think about it twice...GO. (you can e-mail me if you need recommendations on places to stay, eat, and transportation).

Well, that being said...I had to bring the D7000 along for the trip. The following images were taken around 9-10pm (sunset was around 6pm that day).

Nikon D7000
    VR 18-105mm
    18mm - ISO 1000
    8s - F/4

4 images merged
    Nikon D7000
    VR 18-105mm
    18mm - ISO 1000
    2.5s - F/4

Re: Esperanza - Vieques, Puerto Rico

They're both very good.
    I like the day/time transformation of the 1st one. If not for the stars and the lights on the left, it would be hard to tell it's a night shot. very well done. I've tried this kind of shot on many many occasions lol. But usually the lights on the left side would overwhelm or noise would be introduced.. It's a very tough kind of shot which you've really nailed here. Was the moon behind you or above the frame?

The 2nd one is also well done. I love how much you pulled from the water/skies and yet the beach and lights are still under control. That might;ve been acheived by the merge of 4 photos. nice one again!
    Liban

"There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have." Nelson Mandela

Nikon Samurai #23 - The Alexei Ponikarovsky of PR

Havana Cuba Photography

Re: Esperanza - Vieques, Puerto Rico

It was a full moon (helped a lot with lighting everything up), and it was actually pretty much directly on top of my head for both shots.

Glad you liked them!

Thread Information