Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.
    I Climb Rocks

A deep look of stricken eyes

This is my niece Makayla and i thought i caught the emotion in her at the perfect time, i love this picture. incase your wondering the stuff on her face by har shirt is water. but hey im open to any comments. This is the first post i have done since July so im gald to be back

Devin

"Git R Done"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A deep look of stricken eyes-kayla1.jpg  

Re: A deep look of stricken eyes

That certainly is an interesting expression on her face. To me she looks like she just got caught in the act of doing something that she isn’t supposed to be doing. I like the tonality of this image and the DOF is nice in that you case see the fountain but the real focus of the image is on the girl. I would have maybe tried a slightly different angle so the RV’s aren’t visible in the background and the composition wouldn’t be quite as centered.

Greg

I Climb Rocks

Quote Originally Posted by dadas115
    That certainly is an interesting expression on her face. To me she looks like she just got caught in the act of doing something that she isn’t supposed to be doing. I like the tonality of this image and the DOF is nice in that you case see the fountain but the real focus of the image is on the girl. I would have maybe tried a slightly different angle so the RV’s aren’t visible in the background and the composition wouldn’t be quite as centered.

Greg
    thanks for the tip, but i had no choice about the RV's it was a wierd park that was below everything else. But thanks i appreciate anything i can get.

Could you maybe have used a wider aperture or longer FL? I know these things can be really tough to say the least. You really got a nice expression there, maybe a little cropping and possibly some selective blurring might solve the RV problem (not that it is a big deal).

Greg

Thread Information