Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Covered Bridge at Euharlee Georgia

I haven't been to see this bridge since I was five years old. Comments welcome.
    Greg
    Last edited by Greg McCary; 01-28-2007 at 10:00 PM.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Re: Covered Bridge at Euharlee Georgia

its needs some more contrast.. but an interesting bridge..

trog

Quote Originally Posted by trog100
    its needs some more contrast.. but an interesting bridge..

trog
    Nice call Trog, I boosted it some and replaced it,
    Greg
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Greg, that is a fine subject and I feel you have framed it very well. I just do not think the lighting here at night is flattering the subject too well. The lighting shining onto the ground and the stone foundations/supports is too bright and ruining the mood that i think there should be here. Maybe a shot from another angle to avoid those lights?
    It's a good subject and I think you should keep at this at diffeeent angles and times of day , if you can.
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

This one is merely OK for me Greg, your shot of the inside of this bridge in your gallery is much stronger. I agree with spidy, the light is a little too strong here, it loses some of the feeling of a night shot.
    Rule books are paper they will not cushion a sudden meeting of stone and metal. --Ernie Gann--
    What is a cynic? A man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing. --Oscar Wilde--

Gary, EOS, Thanks for your comments, I must agree the lightiing is very strong. Maybe I can get back here fairly soon and maybe capture it just as the sun is coming up and the lighting is softer. The bridge wasn't my intended target for the night, I was heading for the Power Plant, when I passed this bridge. I had not seen it since I was a child and didn't even realize it was lit up at night so I had to give it a go. Thank you both for the comments in my gallery as well.
    Greg

Sony a99/a7R

of course the downside of the contrast boost is.. its boosted the highlights which didnt need a boost.. it is possible just to boost the mids and the lows.. but we are nit picking here i think.. overall the quick contrast boost has improved the image..

black and whites mostly need a contrast boost..

trog

Thread Information