Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

The Confluence.. and Pano-Any Better?

After my last blown attempt at this scene I had time to re-shoot it today. The white fluffy clouds in the deep blue sky along with the tallest bridge in California made for an interesting picture. I am starting to figure out the exposure problems I have been having in the past..at least I think I am, you tell me. I shot these Raw and did no editing to them. There not as sharp as I wanted, but the wind blowing at 30mph didn't help once again. Any opinions,critiques good or bad are always appreciated. All EXIF data is there. I also posted a link to the high res full format picture that you can zoom in on.
    Thanks again

This is the Panoramic Shot
    TO VIEW HIGH RESOLUTION CLICK THE LINK http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/650...uencestich.jpg
    The Confluence.. and Pano-Any Better?-confluence_stich800.jpg

TO VIEW HIGH RESOLUTION CLICK THE LINK http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/3225/img00041j.jpg
    The Confluence.. and Pano-Any Better?-img_0004_1.jpg

TO VIEW HIGH RESOLUTION CLICK THE LINK http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/6923/img00141m.jpg
    The Confluence.. and Pano-Any Better?-img_0014_1.jpg

TO VIEW HIGH RESOLUTION CLICK THE LINK http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/929...ncetif0003.jpg
    The Confluence.. and Pano-Any Better?-confluence_tif0003.jpg

Darin
    "There are many paths to the top of the mountain, but only one view"
    "You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus".
    "Whenever man comes up with a better mousetrap, nature immediately comes up with a better mouse."

Re: The Confluence.. and Pano-Any Better?

Ouch. I just realized there is major stitch line in the Pano..Gonna have to fix that one. Do you see it?

Darin
    "Whenever man comes up with a better mousetrap, nature immediately comes up with a better mouse."

My guess is the first one at the right end of the bridge, for the stitch line. I like the second one the best and think having the bridge in the foreground gives a little prospective of the scene and adds to the composition, Jeff
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The stitching error may just be a glitch, but this could help: http://wiki.panotools.org/Entrance_Pupil_Database. I made a pano head with those specs out of two Manfrotto super clamps and a length of PVC. I then measured and marked my nodal point on the PVC (with a 0 mark) for different lenses/zoom lengths. The front clamp sits at 0 and screws into my tripod. The back clamp sits at the proper distance away from the rotational point and my camera screws onto it.

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

I spot the stitch error on the right by seeing the horizontal lines of the bridge not being aligned but probably wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't pointed it out.
    I think you have some sensor dust.
    There's a smudge under the bridge on left just in front of the cloud.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Thanks for the tips and reply's.

Grandpaw you got it. I don't know how I originally missed that, but I did.

caleb thanks for that link. I just learned a ton of great info from that sight. Much appreciated. I do alot of stitching and this is the first time it has happened using Microsoft Ice. I just re-stitched it and it correct the problem. But it is something I will look close at in the future to see if it happens again.

Frog. I noticed that and forgot to take it out in processing. I think it's the lens. It doesn't seem to be there when using my other lens's. I read somewhere the EFS17-85 is prone to get dust inside the lens. I have no idea how to fix that but if anyone has any info please let me know.

Thanks

Darin

Thread Information