Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.
    Seb

City scenes part 2

Here are some more from last night.

1) Street lamps: F/2.8 1/5sec ISO 200 28mm (stupid auto mode! this is the only shot from the serie not realized manually and the camera choosen akward settings to say the least.)
    2) Le Royer: F/10 8sec ISO 200 31mm
    3) Le Royer #2: F/10 8sec ISO 200 31mm (then again suspicious flare in the center of the frame)
    4) The fountain: F/10 8sec ISO 200 31mm

Seb
    Last edited by Seb; 04-08-2010 at 10:48 PM.

Hey Seb,
    The first pic I think is dark does not let me get a good enough feel of the scene,and not quite sharp, but that probably because of the 1/5 shutter your camera gave you to work with on the auto mode.
    the second i like the best. You have framed this really well and it is sharp enough. A pleasing shot to view.
    The third is ok, i like the perspective but not so sure if i like how evenly you have framed this one with both fountains on each side with road right up the middle.
    The fourth i don't like as I feel it is cropped too tightly for me to know what I am looking at. Maybe this one would have been better vrtically also allowing the full tree behind the fountain.
    those are my thoughts . . . .
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

Hi Seb,
    I like the second shot. The figure is interesting. I also like the different directional light from the 2 light bulbs.
    All the best.
    yoyo

I have come back to this a few times already and must tell you that the second shot is really good. I like it more and more everytime I see it. The lighting is nice and the ability to see through the arches and into the building gives this image such an added bonus of depth beyond whats already working well from the outside. Once again, fine shot
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

Seb
    Hey Yoyo and Gary,

Thank you guys for the kind words.

Yoyo, while I have been thinking about various concepts of night shooting in the Old Montreal for months I must say that your recent night shoots of Hong Kong were inspirational for me. I feel that we share a somewhat simillar vision of the night and it's magic.

best regards to both of you

Seb

i have to say i like the second one the best.
    its very nice, but seems a little shaky?

Seb
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathleen
    i have to say i like the second one the best.
    its very nice, but seems a little shaky?
    Hello Kathleen,

Thank you for commenting. Shaky?? I dont know!! It's not impossible. Cable release don't exist for my camera and I don't have the optional remote either. From now on, I will take the habit to use the timer on the camera. Thus, any possible shake will be avoided.

regards

Seb

ok so maybe not shaky - im no good at criticism...but perhaps i guess cause its
    just a long exposure. :[ sorry.

its just the leaves on the trees i was looking at. i do however really like your photos.
    after i looked at these i went a few posts back and saw some that i thought were very
    nice - color & composition wise.

sorry for the bad word choice.

Seb
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathleen
    ok so maybe not shaky - im no good at criticism...but perhaps i guess cause its
    just a long exposure. :[ sorry.

its just the leaves on the trees i was looking at. i do however really like your photos.
    after i looked at these i went a few posts back and saw some that i thought were very
    nice - color & composition wise.

sorry for the bad word choice.
    Hey Kathleen,

There is no need to apologize! I am not offended by your comment in any way. When you told me that it was shaky I didnt tought about the trees. Actually leaves are blurry due to the long exposure as you said yourself. They have plenty of time to move while the camera capture light. Beside, some pictures of that serie that I havent posted here were shaky by my fault. Thus you could have seen something that I missed.

Thank you for the kind comments regarding my previous submissions.

Seb

Thread Information