Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Casting for minnows

I spotted this man casting for minnows and asked him if I could take some picture and he said to take all you want.

Name:  _DSC7406.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  226.6 KB
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Re: Casting for minnows

Interesting shot Jeff, but that ugly tree behind him isn't doing this image any favours. Possibly a slightly tighter crop.
    Pete

Isn't it a cool thing in nature that the colours never seem to clash...

I have no issues with you editing my photos

Quote Originally Posted by hminx View Post
    Interesting shot Jeff, but that ugly tree behind him isn't doing this image any favours. Possibly a slightly tighter crop.
    Interesting that you say that because I though it added a lot to the shot for me. It is always enlightening to hear other people's views and thoughts and ideas on the composition. Jeff

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

GB1

Not an aesthetic shot Jeff but rather one that gets the point across, showing how a guy casts for minnows. I agree that the dead stump there eliminates any hope of making it scenic, or abstracted, but instead makes it rustic. Anyway, good working man's scene.

G
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Jeff, I like the dead tree. It adds interest for me.
    Plant a tree, help it grow. Children need something to climb.
    Critique any picture; any where; any time.

I still prefer the shot with the tree but I took this one just a few minutes earlier that doesn't have the tree in it.

Name:  _DSC7397.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  217.5 KB

Tighter crop on net? For me the net and the movement of the H2O is the interesting part of the image.

Great shot! I like the tree in the back ground myself, did you crop some from the left side?
    Nikon D7000
    Nikon D60
    Nikkor 18 - 200mm VR f 3.5 - 5.6G
    Nikkor 50mm f 1.4G
    Nikkor 18 - 120mm VR Kit Lens

Thanks to everyone for taking a look and leaving your comments. I cropped a little but not much. Jeff

Like the effect created by the net hitting the water in the first shot.

Thread Information