Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

This Bud's for You

I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Re: This Bud's for You

I like the composition, the theme and the dog. It all works well. I am not sure if this was intentional, but I do think the photo white balance is off ...the shirts and the horse head have a definite green tint - which can be easily fixed in LR - or if intentional, left as is.

Yes the color tint is a vintage film Lightroom Preset. I was trying to make it seem dated. Thanks....
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

nice shot and I'm glad you explained about the color. You stopped the movement just right. The one thing I would do is lighten up the shadows and the horse some. Jeff
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

GB1

Greg, it's an OK shot, has character and looks good BIG. A lot of things a little off about it though also, like the right side horse cut off, people all looking at someone/something else, wheel cut off, etc. I see where you're going on the color shift, but I apparently wasn't around for that era because I never saw colors like this: what year and what type of film/paper is it supposed to represent?

G
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

GB that's a good question. I downloaded about six film presets but it doesn't list the specific film. I know some looks like Kodachrome ect. I agree it's not a perfect composition. I really had little time to react as they were by me quicker than I though. It was a Hail Mary burst shot. Thanks as well Jeff.

Quote Originally Posted by GB1 View Post
    Greg, it's an OK shot, has character and looks good BIG. A lot of things a little off about it though also, like the right side horse cut off, people all looking at someone/something else, wheel cut off, etc. I see where you're going on the color shift, but I apparently wasn't around for that era because I never saw colors like this: what year and what type of film/paper is it supposed to represent?

G

Sony a99/a7R

Thread Information