Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Birds watching, not bird watching!

Hi Guys and Gals, Just a pic I took the other day at the local fish markets in Sydney. To me the birds look slightly unreal, but this is how it came out of the camera (a little bit of cropping, a touch of sharpening, but nothing much else). Your constructive feedback/criticism is welcome.

N.B. I realise that the post in the top of the image is a bit distracting, but I tried a tighter crop and that didn't look as good. Haven't gotten around to figuring out how to use a tool to make the post disappear (will do so in that non-existant spare time that we all have!).

Thanks again.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Birds watching, not bird watching!-fish-market-gulls-001-pp.jpg  

Seb

Re: Birds watching, not bird watching!

Quote Originally Posted by jshowyin
    Hi Guys and Gals, Just a pic I took the other day at the local fish markets in Sydney. To me the birds look slightly unreal, but this is how it came out of the camera (a little bit of cropping, a touch of sharpening, but nothing much else). Your constructive feedback/criticism is welcome.

N.B. I realise that the post in the top of the image is a bit distracting, but I tried a tighter crop and that didn't look as good. Haven't gotten around to figuring out how to use a tool to make the post disappear (will do so in that non-existant spare time that we all have!).

Thanks again.
    It looks like the paws of these little guys would have been colorized. Overall, I really like this picture, there is a great "graphic" quality to it. However, I would like not to have the pole in as you have said yourself. Also, I don't really like the cropped birds at both edges of the picture. (I'd like these birds not the be included).

regards

Seb

Thread Information