Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.
    The red headed step child jgredline's Avatar

birds of a feather

Hi Folks..
    Something different..Shot at the LaBrea Tar Pits..These were shot through Plexiglass in a somewhat dark room...
    In case anyone is wondering, I was a Pentax FA 50mm F/1.4 lens

Which one or none.

εὐχαριστέω σύ
    αποκαλυπτεται γαρ οργη θεου απ ουρανου επι πασαν ασεβειαν και αδικιαν ανθρωπων των την αληθειαν εν αδικια κατεχοντων
    διοτι το γνωστον του θεου φανερον εστιν εν αυτοις ο γαρ θεος αυτοις εφανερωσεν
    τα γαρ αορατα αυτου απο κτισεως κοσμου τοις ποιημασιν νοουμενα καθοραται η τε αιδιος αυτου δυναμις και θειοτης εις το ειναι αυτους αναπολογητους

Re: birds of a feather

not to sure about the first picture but the 2nd and 3rd photos are very good, i like the style of them

good work

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Second one I like. Prefer the depth of field over the third.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

2nd one is best for me. 1st one seems to have bottom cropped out. What part of La Brea Tar Pits is this? I didn't see this-maybe this area was closed at the time. I was just there last June.
    Olympus Evolt E-510
    Olympus 14-54mm f/2.8-3.5
    Olympus 40-150 f/4-5.6

Just Lurking

For me it's somewhat of a toss-up between the second and third, but I'm probably leaning toward the third a bit. I find the glare on the bottom right of the second somewhat distracting, but I like the similarity between the skeleton and the painting.

PC

Andy, Frog, Metallic and PC..
    Thanks for the comments. I really appreciate them. Mettalic, these where taken inside the museum.
    εὐχαριστέω σύ
    αποκαλυπτεται γαρ οργη θεου απ ουρανου επι πασαν ασεβειαν και αδικιαν ανθρωπων των την αληθειαν εν αδικια κατεχοντων
    τα γαρ αορατα αυτου απο κτισεως κοσμου τοις ποιημασιν νοουμενα καθοραται η τε αιδιος αυτου δυναμις και θειοτης εις το ειναι αυτους αναπολογητους

I prefer the last one the best, the plexiglass is too obvious to me in the second one
    Summer Katz
    Katz Photography
    www.katzphotography.net

I like the last one best. sharp and clear on the exhibit and i like the low dof and blur the bg painted image has. Also as mentioned the plexiglass is not glaring in this as the second one.
    Nice subject
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

Thanks Chow and Thank you Gary.
    I am learning to look at things through the eyes of the Camera, if that makes sense.
    Composition is crucial and I learning to notice my surroundings in more detail.
    εὐχαριστέω σύ

I like the crop fo the first, but wish the skull was in focus as well as the backgroud picture.

then id say 3 is my next fav.
    check out my photography website
    http://dylanschneider.zenfolio.com/

Please feel free to edit or change any of my pictures to show me how to improve them.

Nikon D200
    Nikon D7000 w/grip
    Nikkor AF-S 18-135
    Nikkor AF-S 60mm macro 2.8
    Nikon 70-200 2.8 vr
    Nikon tc-17eII
    Kenoko extension tube set
    SB-600

The last one.... nice work...
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

I also like the 3rd one because of the low dof. It lets you focus on the skull yet get a basic idea of the background. Were you there on Sunday? I was there and posted a few pics.

Thanks folks, I really appreciate the comments. Bindows, I was there on Saturday. Where did you post your images?
    εὐχαριστέω σύ

Quote Originally Posted by jgredline
    Thanks folks, I really appreciate the comments. Bindows, I was there on Saturday. Where did you post your images?
    I posted them here

Thread Information