Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Baby feet

Baby feet

Hi all! been a LONG time since I was here, my toddler and newborn are keeping me busy..! But I wanted to share and get feedback on some pictures I've taken of my newest daughter, and what better place to do it than here..? ;-)
    So, here goes... this first one is by no means original, but I still felt compelled to try the shot. Converted to b/w and slight use of "diffuse glow" done in PS CS. Also posting one is sepia, and one in the original color. Which one is better, and why? Composition, color or..? Any and all comments welcome!
    Thanks in advance, Eva
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Baby feet-alex0625feet02bwdgs.jpg   Baby feet-alex0625feet05sepias.jpg   Baby feet-alex0625feet03s.jpg  

Beware: Mom With Camera
    Awww, there is nothing cuter than baby feet.

I think the middle one is the best, color wise. I think it's the slightly pink hue - suits a baby girl!
    Kate

I love the second one both color and comp wise! It is a beaut! I always give my friends a "baby feet" shot when they have a newborne. It never gets old for the parents! Really very nice!

Talking heart is melting!

So so so sweet. I really enjoyed these- however I feel second one is best, the lighting reflects more detail in the toesies, as does the position of the feet.
    I am a huge fan of baby toes! I cant seem to get any of my children's toes on film- they move too fast.
    I noticed that this darling must be a little girl! Congrats! It must be nice to have a little girl about the house... I have 3 boys!

All the best,

VillenaDeCorte
    Twitter
    Facebook
    Blog

Art is always and everywhere the secret confession, and at the same time the immortal movement of its time.
    - Marx

Second one for me too.

Have you tried a square crop on that one? I think it would work really well.

adina
    I sleep, but I don't rest.

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar
    For me, the middle one.
    The feet and legs are more symmetrically positioned, and the lighting on the left foot (I know it's her right!) is better.
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Thank you all for your input and comments! I love coming here and getting someone else's fresh eyes to point out things I ahdn't noticed myself, like the lighting on her feet for instance. That's what this is all about for me, learning and getting better!
    Good suggestion about trying the square crop, I will certainly do that. I tend to get "locked" into cropping for prints (I print out lots of photos for grandparents...) and not even think about other, more artistic options.
    Villenadecorte, LOL! Yes, I love having 2 girls! BTW, she was very close to sleep in these pics, the only reason I could "pose" her like this, but she still moved a bit hence the difference in position of the feet in the pics...!
    Thanks again for taking the time to look and comment!
    Eva

each of these

has it's own distinct feel and mood and I think independantly they each work...the only thing I would change is a tighter crop off the top (at the second ruffle from the top) although it would center it I think in this particular case it would be good....

and last but not least Congratulations to you and your family...on the new little princess
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Thread Information