Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Autumn Shadows

Autumn Shadows

I realLy like the ragged shape of the plane tree leaves in the park opposite my home. I photographed these and played with the image in photoshop - the shadows are real.

AUTUMN SHADOWS
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Autumn Shadows-autumn_shadows.jpg  
    Focus on the positive!

Quote Originally Posted by Irish
    I realLy like the ragged shape of the plane tree leaves in the park opposite my home. I photographed these and played with the image in photoshop - the shadows are real.

AUTUMN SHADOWS
    Very good Idea for displaying this and nice work in PS to carry the shadows with so well.
    I like the effect with the leaves overlaying the lines a lot where the leaves are in focus but don't care for the effect where the out of focus leaves overlay the crisp lines, it confuses the eye because you expect the sharp item to be closer. That's OK if that's what you are looking for but I think it pulls attention away from the texture and colors of the nearby leaves.
    Have you considered having the line cut off the leaf at those points so that it looks like the leaves are spilling out of a hole cut in the paper or laying the line over the out of focus leaves?

Quote Originally Posted by Chunk
    Very good Idea for displaying this and nice work in PS to carry the shadows with so well.
    I like the effect with the leaves overlaying the lines a lot where the leaves are in focus but don't care for the effect where the out of focus leaves overlay the crisp lines, it confuses the eye because you expect the sharp item to be closer. That's OK if that's what you are looking for but I think it pulls attention away from the texture and colors of the nearby leaves.
    Have you considered having the line cut off the leaf at those points so that it looks like the leaves are spilling out of a hole cut in the paper or laying the line over the out of focus leaves?
    I have tried a few different senarios but not the one you suggested ;) Oh well, back to the drawing board

I have uploaded a similar image in black and white.....just playing with the idea of autumn leaves and feathers found on an evening walk in the park near home.

AUTUMN COLLECTION
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Autumn Shadows-autumn-colletion.jpg  
    Focus on the positive!

Intermediate member bobbythebandit's Avatar
    Excellent work, my man !
    Bobby

Thread Information