Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.
    Intermediate member bobbythebandit's Avatar

Light, shadows and water

Just loved this little scene, was so nice to be there but did i capture the feeling of peace and solitude ?Comments welcome.
    Bobby
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Light, shadows and water-light.jpg  

This is very nice... I think you did capture the scene well. Do you have one with a longer shutter speed... would the water look more serene?
    Opinions I got lots, expertise none!! Hmm… except for giving opinions!!

Thanks for comment.Sadly i mostly shoot in digital and so do not have the chance to try different shutter speeds etc.

I would say you came close to achieving your goal. Next time I might do the following:

1) Move around and find a spot for the camera that is closer to the stream (and closer in), but which still features the falls as the main subject.

1a) Get those branches out of the water.

2) Get yourself in partial shadow, and use a long DOF. This will of course require a longer shutter speed. I'd say another two stops and you'd have that silk water look going for you, which is usually very peaceful.

3) Try to crop out some of the extraneous surroundings, particularly the reddish sand / hill, which is very dominant in this frame.
    D200 = Digital F100
    I have achieved nirvana.

Not bad, the lighting makes this interesting. Puckjunkey makes some good points for improvement.
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

Good tips, thanks for input.

Thread Information