Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Antidote

The Antidote

Last edited by gahspidy; 08-01-2011 at 10:18 AM. Reason: Sticking as Featured Photo. August 1, 2011
    Canon 1DmkIII, 24-105L, 17-40L, 50mm f/1.8

I choose to live my life to a different tune of music., one which is not censored or wrapped so much with a blanket of over -regulation, Health & Safety gone mad, fear and blind compliance to anything you are told to do...........
    Downfallen, RIP

Re: The Antidote

Superb stuff.
    http://www.overbeyond.com

I have a total lack of respect for anything connected with society, except that which makes the roads safer, the beer stronger, the food cheaper, and the old men and old women warmer in the winter and happier in the summer. Brendan Behan

Excellent! love it.
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

wow ! are you going to make a scary movie ?

Wow this is incredibly good.

Roger R.
    "I hope we will never see the day when photo shops sell little schema grills to clamp onto our viewfinders; and the Golden Rule will never be found etched on our ground glass." from The mind's eye by Henri Cartier-Bresson

My Web Site: www.readingr.com

DSLR
    Canon 5D; EF100-400 F4.5-5.6L IS USM; EF24-70 F2.8L USM 50mm F1.8 II; EF 100 F2.8 Macro
    Digital
    Canon Powershot Pro 1; Canon Ixus 100

Beautifully done! The green glow amid all the blue really set tone of the image and makes the title so appropriate.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Great work. Ozzy meets Alice.lol
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Great just viewing here, but life size this would be stunning.
    Pete

Isn't it a cool thing in nature that the colours never seem to clash...

I have no issues with you editing my photos

I'd love to see a poster sized print of that!

Great job & congrats on the sticky!
    Photographer/Graphic Artist
    Portfolio: www.fjaviergil.com

Some criticism please, folks. Remember, this is the Photo Critique forum. Even if you have to work at it, please try to offer something useful whenever you post a comment.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Congratulations on this very fine work. I envy your computer skills to produce work of this quality. You have captured a mood, the darkness yet detail and that green glow...., a job well done.

Congratulations on the sticky.

CF
    Coastal Flyer

:yikes:

GB1

Very well done as usual. Excellent texture in the floor, nice glow from the windows. And as usual, very nice and sharp! The centering is perfect here, no wondering if offsetting would have been better.

My only wish is that perhaps the eyes are visible. Unsure how much of an issue this is, as I have a feeling that they would steal the show.

G
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

My first reaction is "If that's the Antidote what the hell is it curing?" if that is what you wanted, working !
    The ambiguity is excellent. I can't tell, is he going to administer the antidote, or is he in need of it?
    The lack of eye detail in those sockets is disturbing, that works too.

Looks to me as if there's a little haloing along the arm in the right hand window - resizing artifact?

I really can't tell how this was done, whether the background is CGI, painted, or a real scene tonemapped in HDR. It looks totally seamless, a great job.

The only thing missing is the needle on the syringe.

And the only odd thing is the light appears to be coming from the syringe, yet there is a dark shadow on the chin that isn't filled in by the green glow and I can't explain the source of that.
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Were you really looking for a critique on this?

Was the subject HDR'd as well?

What was the lighting? What were the camera settings? How many frames? etc.

I'd still like to know more about your HDR process. There seems to be missing info (or a missing post) in the post processing forum?

Congrats on the sticky.

Great work, interesting execution. When I first saw it, "L" from the series/movie "Death note" was the first thing that came to my mind. If you do a google search you may see what I'm talking about

I'm surprised to be the first to ask, but what about the bottom half of the person? I suppose his legs are flailing behind him, but there isn't anything here to imply some sort of levitation or anything, its a question mark. Though, from the way he is hugging the sink, it looks as though his body is limp and heavy, his feet should be on the ground in front of the sink, I would think.

Further, there is a shadow that goes from the sink to the back wall, but what is causing the shadow? I can't tell, its sort of a curious thing then.

The brightness of the window outside also doesn't seem to match the dark mood and dark light/atmosphere of the interior.

Great work, congrats on the sticky.
    - Charlie

Feel free to edit and repost my work as a part of your critique.

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

Hmmm looked more like an enamelled china PM slab to me.
    No taps, and that ring of bolts implies it's big and heavy and needs serious support.
    So roughly sarcophagus shape in plan view (or body shape ) hence the long shadow.
    Which explains the support for the legs.
    I didn't see that as an anomaly, though shooting from a fraction lower would have revealed the underside of it and hence its shape.
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Thanks for the comments fellas...........so to answer a few questions.

As with all the shots I have posted here, naturally lit, 5 shot HDR into photomatix and then some work in CS5 and yes its a ceramic mortuary slab !!
    Canon 1DmkIII, 24-105L, 17-40L, 50mm f/1.8

I choose to live my life to a different tune of music., one which is not censored or wrapped so much with a blanket of over -regulation, Health & Safety gone mad, fear and blind compliance to anything you are told to do...........
    Downfallen, RIP

Junior Member rustysphotography's Avatar

Well what do you say about this shot , really is an amazing shot and was great fun making this with Andre Govia the real photographer here . VMlopes i really am not sure what makes someone steal other peoples shots and pretend they are there own . Really really sad dude and to think me and Andre even meet up with you once

Junior Member rustysphotography's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rustysphotography View Post
    Well what do you say about this shot , really is an amazing shot and was great fun making this with Andre Govia the real photographer here . VMlopes i really am not sure what makes someone steal other peoples shots and pretend they are there own . Really really sad dude and to think me and Andre even meet up with you once
    For anyone who likes this work , search Andre Govia on flickr , thats the real photographer and in his sets you will find this shot in Abandoned mortuary X

n8

I was just thinking we haven't heard from him in a while. Interesting post. Checks out though.
    mostly Nikon gear

Feel free to edit my images for critique, just let me know what you did.

Wow, yeah really whats the point?

Rusty, were you the model in this original photograph?
    Last edited by Anbesol; 01-23-2012 at 10:18 AM.
    - Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by rustysphotography View Post
    For anyone who likes this work , search Andre Govia on flickr , thats the real photographer and in his sets you will find this shot in Abandoned mortuary X
    Thanks for bringing it to our attention, Rusty. I am actually a contact of both you and Andre on flickr (gary heller) and sure enough when i checked Andres "abandoned mortuary" set this image was there. Sorry to have it happen here and thanks for pointing it out.
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

The point is that Andre took this photograph (his intellectual property) and vmlopes passed it off as his own.
    Rule books are paper they will not cushion a sudden meeting of stone and metal. --Ernie Gann--
    What is a cynic? A man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing. --Oscar Wilde--

Quote Originally Posted by EOSThree View Post
    The point is that Andre took this photograph (his intellectual property) and vmlopes passed it off as his own.
    Sad. Bob Dylan is getting slammed for about the same thing.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Quote Originally Posted by EOSThree View Post
    I meant, why should he bother to try to pass it off as his own. On a critique board, of all places... So utterly pointless and vane.
    - Charlie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information