Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Another sunset pic...tried some stuff

Thanks for the help guys, I increased exposure abit seemed to capture more color nicly. Dont mind grillen them good, i dont mind i wanna get better. It is hard to find an area with more "appeal" to get attention with all the ice and being so flat. In the summer/spring I get plenty of action. i need to get a wider lense to get more sky. any more suggestions, this pic didnt have as near nice a sunset but, it did look better with not as much cloud to gather color.

I also attached a summer picture which is a nice close up/detail photo of a water fall and it is so green! I love the log that lays across at such nice angles really concentrates your eyes to the waterfall. Taken on a bike trail in NY. the sunset is same shot as last time but from tonite
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Sunset

OK, I'll grill the 1st one since you said it's OK. ;)

It doesn't have anything to grab one's attention. The colors of the sunset aren't very dramatic, and they only occupy a small portion of the sky. More sky in this case would not help the composition, imho. There is no interesting feature to the horizon such as a lone tree, a big mountain, a person, etc. The foreground is, as you stated, just flat, and unfortunately is the same color as most of the sky. So what you have is just a lot of grey blue expanse top and bottom with not much in the middle. Sorry, but that's my take on it.

Now, the waterfall shot has all the good points you mentioned. I like that one.

Spike

Quote Originally Posted by bighitboy
    Thanks for the help guys, I increased exposure abit seemed to capture more color nicly. Dont mind grillen them good, i dont mind i wanna get better. It is hard to find an area with more "appeal" to get attention with all the ice and being so flat. In the summer/spring I get plenty of action. i need to get a wider lense to get more sky. any more suggestions, this pic didnt have as near nice a sunset but, it did look better with not as much cloud to gather color.

I also attached a summer picture which is a nice close up/detail photo of a water fall and it is so green! I love the log that lays across at such nice angles really concentrates your eyes to the waterfall. Taken on a bike trail in NY. the sunset is same shot as last time but from tonite

Thread Information