Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: 2 Vases

2 Vases

Another older shot I played with a bit.

2 Vases-2-vases.jpg

Re: 2 Vases

I try to figure out how to offer a critique here, but the image is too unlike a normal photography here. It looks kind of like computer graphics here, the close up of the two vases does not offer enough of interesting texture by itself, shot is too near to offer any sense of composition and so on.

It is a study of colors, curves and macro. Not computer graphics, taken with a camera.

Quote Originally Posted by arne saknussen View Post
    Not computer graphics, taken with a camera.
    Hmmm...may be that's the problem...people wonder what they're looking at. Or perhaps it's a good thing :-)

A simple, colorful, eye-pleasing photo.

Just Me

If I don't get what the image is about from the first look, then I have a problem with it. The simpler the photography the better.
    Visit My Galleries at: pixoto.com/kal/recent
    picasaweb.google.com/110080263866099360406?gsessionid=RuQL_e_fU_t-RyobiEri0g
    photoforum.ru/my/photos.php?lang=en

Please don't edit and repost my images.

This would work as a great art pic if it hadn't been soft in the lower half along the merging colors. I find that distracting. I like the art aspect of the picture though. I think this would work if the entire shot was crisp and the fine details in the vases more pronounced.

GB1

Hmm.. interesting abstract Arne. I like it, but think it would be even better if it were w/o any noticeable texture. That is, completely or near completely flat, just showing the curvy line and the colors on each side.

Good eye for spotting this.

G
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Quote Originally Posted by GB1 View Post
    ,,,, but think it would be even better if it were w/o any noticeable texture. That is, completely or near completely flat, just showing the curvy line and the colors on each side.
    That would be easy to do. Open up a blank workspace in Photoshop. Draw a curve line dividing it into two areas. Then fill them up with different colors :-)

But then that's the problem of abstracts sometimes, is it, i.e. they don't look like photographs?

Thread Information